PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Year's Eve - What's your story?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator
Default New Year's Eve - What's your story?

I want to wish everybody a safe and happy New Year's Eve/Day.

I also wanted to see if anybody has any stories they'd like to share about anybody in your lives that had something bad happened to them because of a drunk driver. Maybe it will stop at least one person from making that mistake of drinking and hopping into your 5000 to 7000 lb Hummer on New Year's Eve thinking you'll be ok to drive.

DON'T DO IT. [:@]

Maybe we can knock some sense into anybody on here that's thinking about doing it. I'm no preacher, but don't be stupid. Think before you act, and we can all have a safe New Years.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New Year's Eve - What's your story?

I like the new DUI ads... Over the Limit, under arrest....

Old 12-31-2007, 09:46 AM

i'm gonna get hammered and go try to dodge the dui checkpoints . . . . on my bicycle . . . . . . without a helmet . . . . . .for once . . . . .[sm=alcoholic.gif]unless they're not out before 9 pm, cuz i'll be in bed by then. seen too many new years to care anymore, it's just another day - i just don't have to work . . . . .

Old 12-31-2007, 11:24 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I want to wish everybody a safe and happy New Year's Eve/Day.

I also wanted to see if anybody has any stories they'd like to share about anybody in your lives that had something bad happened to them because of a drunk driver. Maybe it will stop at least one person from making that mistake of drinking and hopping into your 5000 to 7000 lb Hummer on New Year's Eve thinking you'll be ok to drive.

DON'T DO IT. [:@]

Maybe we can knock some sense into anybody on here that's thinking about doing it. I'm no preacher, but don't be stupid. Think before you act, and we can all have a safe New Years.
Well being a Paramedic, where do I start!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

I think cell phones are more dangerous.... but I'll save that for another day..

Old 12-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

I saw a really bad wreck at an intersection early one New Year's Eve when I was in college. No one was killed but some people were hurt pretty badly. We just went to my parents house ( out of town) pulled a bean bag in front of the fireplace and had one of the best New Years Eves I have ever had. Since then I don't do much on NYE. We are going to a party tonight celebrating East Coast New Years Eve. That means that here in Newport the party ends at 9:00 PM. Either my wife or I one won't drink so we should be safe and home before the amatuers hit the roads.
Happy New Year everyone and be safe.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:47 AM

Ok here's one. When I was with the LAFD. It was 2:15 New Years Eve/Day, I was 1st on scene to a guy who was DUI and drove his suburban off the street, hit a bus bench flipping over into the opposite lane and on to a honda accord going the other way. The passenger was pronounced dead on scene, we transported the driver with major head trauma to the ER (I was cleaning blood out of my ambulance for almost an hour afterwards). She died in the ER.

Follow up: The couple was on there way to pick up their two kids from the babysitters, and the driver of the Suburban was charged with 2 counts of Vehicular Manslaughter

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 12-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Well that topped my story by a mile.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

Well that topped my story by a mile.
This was ONE contest I was not trying to win[&o]...but everyone PLEASE BE CAREFUL!

Old 12-31-2007, 12:20 PM

Personally I cant wait till the day that every vehicle is equipped with a madatory breathalizer to be able to start the engine.....I hate idiots that drink and drive....I did it one time while deer hunting and ended up shooting up a guys shed cause I thought it was a buck....long story

Quick Reply: New Year's Eve - What's your story?