PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New/Used Hummer Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:59 PM
Default New/Used Hummer Transmission Issue

So I'm not actually sure I have a transmission issue, but I just bought a 2006 H2 SUT and when I'm at a dead stop and then take off the truck seems to rev up to about 5k RPMs before shifting into second gear.

Every other gear seems to go just fine, shifts smooth. If I really baby it from the start I don't seem to have the shifting problem the H2 easily shifts into second, but if I give it half gas then it revs up to about 5k before shifting into second.

I was thinking of taking it to a transmission shop to have them take a look. Any ideas?

Old 07-24-2014, 01:18 AM

I cant help, other than to say I know enough about transmissions to just take any problems to a shop.
I can do a motor with my eyes closed, but trannies are a PITA.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:55 AM

Yea, I think a transmission shop is the best bet, I am not sure that is the issue however. It seems like it gets worse after I'm sitting in stop and go traffic. For instance I let the H2 sit for a few hours and then took it for a spin around the neighborhood, and if I really gave it gas it reved up high before shifting but that is normal for any car. When I just gassed it normal it only reved up to about 3k RPMs before shifting.

Possibly I am just not use-to driving such a big vehicle, so it does need the extra RPMs in 1st to get it going? Not sure.. I was thinking about getting a radiator flush since it looks like it has the Dexcool in there which I've read everyone says to get away from.