PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Pics of H3T

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Default RE: New Pics of H3T

ORIGINAL: 3hummers

The HX willrescue the Hummer brand if they bring it out looking like the concept.
What about 90% of it?

Old 05-24-2008, 01:28 PM

If they keep it 90% of what the concept is, I will be pleasantly surprised!

Old 05-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Depends on which 10% they cut. If it has the removable doors, fenders, roof, look, tires, wheels, winch option at least and the capabilities they claim it will fly out of the showrooms. The H3T will do ok but I don't think will hit huge numbers. The H3, with a few improvements, H3T and HX give Hummer a few products to market and sell. If they aren't going to continue improving the H2 they could even produce it until sales reached a point where it didn't make sense. ( may already be there ) They let the H1 die which cast the aura the rest of the vehicles shared in. They have essentially killed the H2. They sell a lot of H3s based on perceptions of the big brothers but the brand won't survive with just the H3 and H3T. I understand counting beans and profit. I run a medium size company ( 400mm/year ) We are in business to make a profit but we do things that have a long term view also. We did rehab work for basically breakeven for 3 years to get in with one particular client. We did 100mm with them last year. We had to invest in the relationship and work it awhile before we were able to develop it into the profit center we wanted. I have a VP, PMs and a section of the accounting department dedicated to doing things the way this client wants it. We do things differently for our own projects but we cater to the clients needs and wants. We now make a very healthy profit from this relationship and it actually helps fund our own development efforts. GM/Hummer need to invest in the brand and the client base if they want to build the brand. If they want to be short sighted then they will tank the brand in a few years and will have wasted the entire investment of time, money and energy. This is getting long winded but as an example I offer up the Corvette. 300 units the first year and only a few thousand the first several years. Production problems, quality issues, etc. Many at Chevrolet wanted to kill the car off. Gradually they tweaked the car to the point it became a world beater and they have produced the car for 55 years now. production is still low and the profit has to be minimal for GM but the car has an aura about it that enhances the image of the entire organization. Is the Corvette the best sports car in the world...no. But it is the best sports car value in the world and GM has benefited across the lines from the R&D done for the Corvette. GM already has the worlds best off road brand and vehicles. How long does it take and how much does it cost to get to be the best in the world at anything? GM is already there with Hummer. It may not be a huge money maker but it can enhance the image of the entire company if handled right and make a profit. Only a short sighted bean counter would throw all that away.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:50 PM

Maybe you should send that to GM

Old 05-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Think they would pay attention to a paying customer....nah, they would rather listen to a focus group of people that would probably never buy their products anyway.

Old 05-24-2008, 03:42 PM

Hence the problem

Old 05-24-2008, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Yep

Old 05-25-2008, 10:38 PM

Depends on which 10% they cut. If it has the removable doors, fenders, roof, look, tires, wheels, winch option at least and the capabilities they claim it will fly out of the showrooms.
mmm...what about keeping the modular stuff, and saving the tires/wheels/winch/chrome for an Alpha model...?

also -- you'd be surprised how many GM/HUMMER eyes fall on these boards...

Old 05-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

As long as it can show up installed on the truck as OEM accessories. Brian I am the GM/Hummer ideal customer. I only buy American vehicles, I can buy what I want and I want these guys to provide it. All they have to do is deliver. I love Hummers. I love Chevrolet products. I can't even remember how many Corvettes, Suburbans,and Silverado pickup trucks I have had. I went to the NFL rookie photo shoot that Hummer sponsored at the LA Coliseum 18 months ago. they had the 08 H2 and the H3 Alpha there for everyone to look at. I asked one of the Hummer marketing people why they didn't make a tilt down brushguard for the H2/H3 like my H1s had. They guy asked me why that was needed. I asked him if he had ever washed an H2 or H3 with the factory brushguard on it. He said no. I told him to go try it. You can't get your sponge, shammy, etc back there to clean the grill well and it is a real PITA. I could tell that the guy had dismissed the idea by the time we had finished talking. Total disdain for the ideas of someone that drives Hummers everyday, works on them, off roads them and even squire clients around in them. Anyway I see opportunity for Hummer and I don't see signs they they are moving to take advantage of it. I know with gas, the economy, etc everyone is being cautious but you have to decide that you are either in business or not. If GM/Hummer people really eyeball these boards a lot I hope they contact some of the people on the different forums and get input from them. What better focus group than people that have already decided to buy your product, have used it for years and can offer you the insight that comes from years of using the product? There are a lot of members on this board alone that could provide a world of insight to them and would be happy to do so. All they have to do is PM me and I'll spend whatever time is required to help them in anyway I can.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 AM

I could tell that the guy had dismissed the idea by the time we had finished talking. Total disdain for the ideas of someone that drives Hummers everyday, works on them, off roads them and even squire clients around in them.......... If GM/Hummer people really eyeball these boards a lot I hope they contact some of the people on the different forums and get input from them. What better focus group than people that have already decided to buy your product, have used it for years and can offer you the insight that comes from years of using the product? There are a lot of members on this board alone that could provide a world of insight to them and would be happy to do so. All they have to do is PM me and I'll spend whatever time is required to help them in anyway I can.
I've had an opportunity to spend face-to-face time with Hummer techicians, designers, and marketing folks. They were very interested in our opinions and ideas. However, some of our ideas as owners, while practical to us, don't necessarily make sense to the business. Just the way it goes. But to say they don't listen, is just wrong. The window switches, change cubby.....oh yeah, the V8! on the H3 alone were all called for by the consumers/reviewers.

Where are you located? If you want a chance to meet up with some folks in person, they should be coming back out at the end of summer fora Rubicon trip/work weekend. I'll pass on the details once I get them.

Quick Reply: New Pics of H3T