PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner from FJ to H3

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Default New owner from FJ to H3

Im 43 and lovin the H3, lovin it!, but i know people have questions and the answer is...I had a 2007 FJ Cruiser with a 3" Revtek lift, Mickey Thompson MTZ's 33x12.5, K&N, other simple mods and i loved it. No doubt about it and still think it is indestructable and goes anywhere. But, there is always a but...i went looking for replacement tires for the FJ for a more comfortable daily driving experience and so the kids wouldnt complain when they couldnt hear the radio. Quieter daily driving tires i should say and work is an hour drive. Well i stopped and bought an H3 instead..LOL, yeah the wife almost crapped a brick. I was known for the FJ and what i had done to it and bragged about it. Now i had some explaining to do. Told everyone the comparisons, INCLUDING AMERICAN MADE, love the ride comfort, big tires, vehicle height on Adventure is exactly what my FJ was after the Revtek. I now have a sunroof, awsome Monsoon stereo which works for me, i get the exact same gas mileage. But driving the H3 fulltime 4hi feels like a tank and its awsome. I already put it through the test at Outer Banks and stormed 10mi of beach daily because i couldnt get out of the thing. Blowin by people barely makin it through the deep stuff and im driving like im on a rough highway. Loved it and love the H3. My honest comparison is this...yes the FJ was my girl...and now the H3 is...they both are very close in what they can do. I love the front and rear lockers though in the H3, the stock ride and height is great. But the feeling driving the H3 comfort and heavy feeling is awsome, im hooked and brag about it. 100% satisfied owner... if anyone flips me off or any bad rap while im drivin it, they are gettin pulled over and i could talk them into buying one by tomorrow. (oh, and ive been through the jeeps, the cherokees, the bronco's big and small, the big chevys, etc. , for the all around do anything vehicle, H3 does it like the FJ but better comfort and even bigger smiles)............I dont bash other vehicles due to suiting the needs or preferences at the time. I bought the FJ because i did the H3 building option online and my numbers where friggin out there, lol. And now i am so happy i went shopping for tires....and the wife and kids now love it compared to when i first brought it home. DVD headrests also make the kids quiet. Im out, goin drivin....

Old 08-19-2010, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Hummer and the forum. I have never had an FJ but have had most everything else. It is hard to beat an H2 or H3 for comfort and capability. In 8 years of driving Hummers I have never been disappointed and my enjoyment of driving them has not diminished at all.