PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Hummer Owner from South Jersey Intro

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Default New Hummer Owner from South Jersey Intro

Hello and thanks to the site owner and Mods for what looks like a great site! (as opposed to a couple other Hummer sites I looked at that appear to be "dead in the water", ie, little to no action)

I always wanted a Hummer!

So this week I went out and bought TWO! An '06 H2 and an '06 H3. (more about those later!)

Although I truly would love to have an H1, I already have a couple "toys" in the garage, (three Harley's and an '06 SSR), so any other vehicles have to be practical as daily drivers.

Knowing that Hummers, (like ANY vehicle), take a huge hit when bought new, depreciating now more rapidly than ever, it seems, I felt going with low mileage pre-owned but really clean trucks would be my best bet.

Do you guys agree?

Anyway, in the interest of practicality while still achieving the goal of Hummer ownership, (is that an oxymoron? ), I found a dealer who owned a few nice pre-owned Hummers to choose from, (he is a Hummer factory dealer), and I had my college age son trade in his old and worn Pathfinder that I bought him a few years ago when he got his license in on a very sharp looking 2006 H3 finished in Victory Red with a tan leather interior. He loves it. Sunroof, Nav, chrome package, and lots of other cool goodies. Mileage seemed right at around 25,000 for this SUV.

For me, I traded in our 2007 Suburban LTZ and went with an '06 H2 Limited Edition SUV in Pacific Blue. 30,000 miles and looks and drives like brand new, with a LOT of buttons and lights, and pretty much everything my son's has with a couple more options besides.

So, while it would have been awesome to buy a couple brand new Hummers, I now own the H2 free and clear, (all I had to pay for was the GM extended warranty, which was my choice, or there would have been no cash at all.), and my son's H3 with a very small note I'll pay off in the next 12 months.

Some people can pay cash for brand new vehicles. I'm not one of them, and I like having no car payments!
(I can put the money I'll save towards gas, from what I hear! )

OK.......guess that's enough of an introduction!

By the way!

If any of you guys ride a Harley, I'm a Mod at one of the largest, (and I feel the best!) Harley forums on the web, so if you'd like to join, I'd like to invite you. Just PM me if you have any interest in that. I didn't join this forum to promote another one, so I'm not going to talk about it any further unless the members here have an interest in it.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Beverly Stayart
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for the warm welcome Bev!
Can you tell me a little about how your Hummer experience has been, good or bad, pros and cons?

I'd love to hear other members thoughts on this as well!

BTW, any advice you care to share would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-08-2009, 03:21 PM

WELCOME TO OUR FORUM!!!!!!!!!

You'll like it here. I'd like to see some pics of those HUMMERS too!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:52 PM

Hello everyone and welcome to the forum. I want to post my humm pics how do i do it. please help.