PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New H2 guy from Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Default RE: New H2 guy from Atlanta, GA

I'll throw in my two cents on the iPod issue...

I bought an iPod-Gm interface off of eBay a few months back for about $70.00. The unit looks like a very small stereo amplifier. To install it, you pull out your stereo deck, and plug the harness that comes with the interface in to your stereo, and then plug the harness back in to the original truck harness. I then ran the cable down and mounted the interface in the center console under the cup holders. From there I ran another wire in to the storage box part of the armrest, and that is where it plugs in to my iPod.

Using iTunes, you create 6 playlists labeled GM1, GM2 etc. You can put as many songs on each playlist as you want. I made my GM1 playlist contain all 2700 songs in my iPod. You simply plug the iPod in and forget it. You use your regular stereo deck and steering wheel controls to select songs, FF, RW, Skip etc. The iPod is automatically turned on, off and charged. As well, when a song is playing, the name (or whatever you have named the songs file) show on the stereo deck. It is a slick system.

I have screwed around with mounting the iPod on the dash in other vehicles and it never works very well. It is hard to see the iPod screen in the sunlight, and hard to navigate the iPod while driving. Not to mention that everytime you leave the vehicle you have to take the iPod down and hide it somewhere. This way, the iPod is nothing more than a Hard Drive storage unit for your stereo.

BTW, if you have a 6 disk, DVD, Satellite radio, or whatever else, this won't screw it up. You can still use all other functions.

I know I sound like I am advertising this, or trying to sell this, but I am not. I am just quite happy with it and thought I'd pass it along.

G

Old 02-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Default RE: New H2 guy from Atlanta, GA

Thanks again for all the great info!