PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New H2 guy from Atlanta, GA

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Default New H2 guy from Atlanta, GA

Hello, my name is ZEEK, I'm from Atlanta, GA. I finally made the decision to purchase a 07' H2 in May but of course I have a few questions for the experienced H2 owners.

1. Besides the most obvious negative thing that I always hear about(it's bad on gas), is there anything else that I should consider before making my decision?
2. Is it ok to use regular gas or should I use premium?
3. Has anyone ever had their IPod installed in the console or anywhere else besides using a regular rack to mount it in their H2?
4. Are there any places in or near Atlanta to offroad with an H2?

Any other nfo that you guys can provide is greatly appreciated! THANKS

Old 02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Default RE: New H2 guy from Atlanta, GA

First of all, Name:  welcome1.gif
Views: 41
Size:  2.6 KBto the forums.

The only bad thing about a Hummer, is you will never want to get out of it. And it puts off many other duties.

Reg fuel is fine.

Do a search on the Ipod question. I believe it is here somewhere.Name:  wink2.gif
Views: 44
Size:  593 Bytes

Old 02-20-2007, 10:36 PM

ORIGINAL: BIGHENDO812

Hello, my name is ZEEK, I'm from Atlanta, GA. I finally made the decision to purchase a 07' H2 in May but of course I have a few questions for the experienced H2 owners.

1. Besides the most obvious negative thing that I always hear about(it's bad on gas), is there anything else that I should consider before making my decision?
2. Is it ok to use regular gas or should I use premium?
3. Has anyone ever had their IPod installed in the console or anywhere else besides using a regular rack to mount it in their H2?
4. Are there any places in or near Atlanta to offroad with an H2?

Any other nfo that you guys can provide is greatly appreciated! THANKS
1. I hope you don't mind people ATTENTION!! The H2 ALWAYS get's noticed!!

2. The User Manual specifies 87 octane(regular)

3. Don't Know

4. Ditto

Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 PM

Welcome......You are making a wise choice both by purchasing a Hummer and joining this forum. The mount I use in my H3 is a 15" flexible arm that connects to the passenger side seat bolt closest to the center console. At the top of the arm it has a cradle that holds the iPod. I bought mine on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLEXIBLE-15-iPod...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-20-2007, 10:43 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the answers to my questions!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 PM

If you can flush mount your iPod in the armrest in a position where you can still control it comfortably that is the best option in my opinion. On the H3 the arm rest is too far back and it wouldn't be very functional....not sure about the H2.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Atlanta GA. Cool! I lived there a decade back or so. More specifically in Marietta near "The Big Chicken" Welcome bro!

Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM

Welcome to the nut house.[sm=smiley36.gif]..[sm=oopssign.gif]I meant( Forum )

Old 02-21-2007, 01:23 PM

Welcome. Hanging around here will provide you with all the info you will need to make a well informed decision. So after you've decided that we're all nuts, you can turn your attention to getting that Hummer. Once you get it, you will be amazed at how much you will like it. The Hummer has the rare ability to "bond" with the owner, and you'll like it more every day. Looking forward to seeing your future ride!

Old 02-21-2007, 01:53 PM

Welcome Zeek...

1.) As far as fuel economy goes, it wasn't even a consideration when we purchased our H2. The H2 gets no worse fuel mileage than any other large SUV, yet it drives/handles the best, as well as being the most comfortable of those large/high-end SUVs my wife and I had 'test driven' prior to purchasing our H2. Having 'test driven' them all, the 'Escalade' came in second, but we preferred the H2's larger seating capacity (more comfortable), as well as its excellent 'off road' reputation. Besides, the H2 really doesn't get any worse gas mileage than our new Chrysler, yet the H2 is substantially more versatile.

2.) I use regular gas (87 octane) all of the time without issue, yet our Corvette andChrysler only utilize the highest octane fuel available.

3.) Having the remote 6-disc CD changer option, I have no need to integrate an iPod at this time; however, it may become a consideration at some later date...considering I already have the iPod, as well as over 5gb of MP3s on my computer's hard drive. I've 'burned' MP3 CDs to utilize in our Chrysler, which allow about 130+/- songs per disc (depending upon the length of each song).

4.) Sorry, but I'm located on the opposite side of the country from you, but I'm sure that there is...good luck. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

BTW, there are more Hummers here in my area than there are Prius hybrids. The dealers here have beenlowering the Prius pricing, as obviously the 'newness' has worn-off since the 'mad rush' for these types of vehicles have calmed down substantially; however, golf cart sales appear to be going strong.
Name:  H2golfcart.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  79.1 KB

Quick Reply: New H2 guy from Atlanta, GA