PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New Guy in town

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Default New Guy in town

Just picked up my first H1, 2002 4dr conv. looking forward to using it on and off road. Owned a 2004 H2 sut and loved it. I live in MA and am always looking for people to go out and play with. I build custom marketing vehicles for a living.
turtletransit.com check it out. Thanks, James

Old 12-11-2010, 05:41 PM

James welcome to the forum! What part of MA? We've been planning a run to old Florida road and I wheel alot in CT but always look for new spots and Hummer owners!

Old 12-11-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
James welcome to the forum! What part of MA? We've been planning a run to old Florida road and I wheel alot in CT but always look for new spots and Hummer owners!
I am in Bolton, 20min East of Worcester. rt 495, 290. 190. I am always up for a good time with anything that has wheels. I used to go out in my H2 with Long GMC-Hummer out of Framingham MA. It was great, Long 40 truck convoys up to NH with a great group of people. The trips obviously died with the Hummer.
My son and I have a couple of Honda Odysseys I plan on trailering behind my H1 when the warmer weather gets here.
How about you. Do you get out on other rec vehicles? How does the H3 go. I have never ridden in one and honestly know very little about them. Can you get some good power and torque out them when set up right. I am sure they are a ball one way or the other. Let me know what you got when you have a chance. Thanks, James

Old 12-11-2010, 09:13 PM

James, the H3s are quite nimble little buggers out onthe trails, they are great for the over grown trails new england has to offer... I've had my fair share of toys over the years but for now I just wheel the Hummer, I gave my last quad to my nephew about three years ago and just haven't had time to get anything else... Do you still keep in touch with any of the other guys from the Long Hummer runs?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:45 AM

No, Regretfully I sold my H2 a little over 3 years ago and lost touch with those guys. I bought a 4dr Jeep wrangler and had that for a year. I F&@#in hated that thing. Was the closest thing to a factory built kit car I have ever been in. no power, took in water like the Titanic and The roof would never go down the same way twice. I know some people love them but " Its a Jeep thing " went over board for me. I own a 84 CJ with chevy V8, lift, tires and all that stuff. I keep down at the Cape for beach cruising and fishing. That thing will go anywhere I aim it. Built it from frame up using Primarily good used parts. I used to have dirt bikes and ATVs but the wife will not let my son ( he is 9 ) ride any of them. The compromise was a fully caged in ATV which obviously the Odyssey is. We got them last summer and he loves it. The H3 sounds like fun. Here in New England where its all wood nimble is defiantly better. I have seen to many guys wedged between trees as a Suzuki Sam twists around them. Look what I'm saying having just bought a H1. We will find some wide trails out there to play on.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:04 PM

Hi Turtle, welcome to the forums!

I checked out your site, your work is fantastic! Have you ever done anything for limo promotions? My gears are turning now...

Congrats on your H1 by the way.