PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

New gal from Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Unhappy New gal from Dallas

Just bought an '08 H2 2 months ago and it's been nothing but a pain in my butt. It's been at the dealership being serviced for the past 6 weeks. Of course, the dealer I bought the H2 from disclosed no pre-existing problems to me. Essentially, I bought a Cadillac loaner vehicle because I've had the H2 in my possession for a grand total of 6 days since I bought it.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:52 PM

wow, sorry to hear that. Welcome to hummer forums. What seems to be the problem with your hummer? There is usually quite a few knowledgeable people on here that may be able to help you. @ 6 weeks I'm guessing they are waiting for a part. Sorry to here of your troubles and welcome from another Dallas native.

Old 06-10-2011, 03:00 AM
JJJ

I can assure you that these are very dependable vehicles, especially when taking care of. I have an H2 and so does the old man, mom has an H3. The old man opted for and 08 for 1 reason, the 6.2 vortec engine over the still badass 6.0 in the previous years. I'm very surprised your having problems with your 08. What type of problems are you having? Did you buy from a reputable dealer? Should fall under warranty I would assume.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

What are the issues?

Old 06-10-2011, 08:41 AM

My Hummer woes are described in this post: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...-way-up-24349/

Thanks to some of you that have already responded!! No, they are not waiting on a part. The dealership is just sitting there scratching its head. They don't know how to fix my Hummer. They are flying in a tech this coming Tuesday who is supposed to be more knowledgeable.

I bought the Hummer from a wholesaler in Dallas. We may be battling this out in court, so I'm not going to publicly disclose his name.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM

I picked up the Hummer from the dealership last night. The tech they flew in installed a new MAF sensor and changed the throttle position. I've put 30 miles on it so far and it hasn't stalled. ::thumbs up!::

Old 06-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator

Cool. Doesn't sound like something that should have required a fly in tech.

Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 AM

Sewell seems to be real hit or miss for tech service. Their people are awesome at making you feel like they are taking care of you. Their techs however may not be as well trained as they should be. In Plano I went in for a license plate holder on my '03 they sold me one for a later model that wouldn't fit on mine. they finally figured out what they were doing there and quoted me 1500 to give me a rear license plate holder including them drilling out the bumper to mount it. I left and searched online to find all I need was a 30 dollar piece and a separate 10 dollar light. After that I took it to the sab service center so see if I needed to service my differentials and they tech came out drooled over my truck told me he could tell just from looking at it that all the major issues had been taken care of but I would likely need to change out my air springs and I should have my ball joints checked. Just from a visual walk around the vehicle inspection, 6 months later I go in for my 75k service at the love field location. I need new air bags and new ball joints. I wish I could find the tech from the sab location cause he obviously had a lot of experience in fixing H2s.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:56 PM

Pauldy, Do you have a recommendation for a tech in DFW? Sewell in Plano can no longer perform warranty service on Hummers. I believe we're left with Sewell Grapevine and Classic Grapevine. Have you found a tech you really like?

Update: The work the "fly-in" tech performed did not fix the problem. It stalled three times yesterday and once today. I finally gave up and I'm driving my husband's Silverado. I have a claim into GM's TAC.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:45 AM

What does it sound like when it stalls? Does it just cut out like you killed the ignition or sputter some then die.

Quick Reply: New gal from Dallas