PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need new brakes any recommendations?????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Default Gonna Stick With the proven OEM reliability

I cannot speak for any competitive brand because I am just now approaching the need for brake pad replacements. I have not checked my rotors yet; but, I may just replace them as well when the time comes. Personally, I am not going to take the chance on anything else considering the OEM's I have are currently at 68,000 miles on my 2006 H-2. For that matter, I have never replaced anything mechanically on my H-2 other than a serpentine belt. All I am saying is I recommend staying with the Hummer's original parts considering the reliable history.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Doberman_Fan
I cannot speak for any competitive brand because I am just now approaching the need for brake pad replacements. I have not checked my rotors yet; but, I may just replace them as well when the time comes. Personally, I am not going to take the chance on anything else considering the OEM's I have are currently at 68,000 miles on my 2006 H-2. For that matter, I have never replaced anything mechanically on my H-2 other than a serpentine belt. All I am saying is I recommend staying with the Hummer's original parts considering the reliable history.
Delco original parts are very good! If you can't get them in your area or at a decent price, Centric is a good alternative.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:54 AM

2 years ago when I purchase my rig, I checked the brakes, pads like new, rotors rotted, so I installed 4 new rotors (standard, not drilled nor slotted) and cleaned/lubed pads-slides- hubs..This past wednesday I felt a slight pulsation (coming from the rears) so I ordered pads/hardware/rotors on thursday and received yesterday(super fast shipping). I installed this am in an hour, brake pads still had 80% remaining, I removed them anyway. Cleaned the brackets, slides, bolts, hubs and used copper antisieze on everything. Also flushed out the brake fluid to the rear calipers, added new fluid and bleed system.. Improved braking ability and no more pulsation. I will be doing the same to the fronts soon.

Only cost me $83.60 shipped!

Rear Performance Cross Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors and Ceramic Pads M641561 | eBay

Last edited by hummerz; 04-06-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:40 PM

i went with EBC green stuff for the front pads and EBC sloted rotors. cost a little extra but great stopping power and have lasted a long time. prior to that i used crap from auto zone and they only lasted 1 year.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by MeBelovinMyH3
I am actually getting ready to upgrade. I was looking at just slotted rotors and green stuff pads..
Originally Posted by sneakypigeons
i went with EBC green stuff for the front pads and EBC sloted rotors. cost a little extra but great stopping power and have lasted a long time. prior to that i used crap from auto zone and they only lasted 1 year.

You should probably read this statement on the EBC website before buying Greenstuff pads for your H3...

Greenstuff Brake Pads

"Greenstuff brake pads are a passenger car/saloon car pad NOT made for Truck or SUV fitments."

Old 04-29-2014, 11:25 AM

to late now.. dang it lol

Old 04-30-2014, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
2 years ago when I purchase my rig, I checked the brakes, pads like new, rotors rotted, so I installed 4 new rotors (standard, not drilled nor slotted) and cleaned/lubed pads-slides- hubs..This past wednesday I felt a slight pulsation (coming from the rears) so I ordered pads/hardware/rotors on thursday and received yesterday(super fast shipping). I installed this am in an hour, brake pads still had 80% remaining, I removed them anyway. Cleaned the brackets, slides, bolts, hubs and used copper antisieze on everything. Also flushed out the brake fluid to the rear calipers, added new fluid and bleed system.. Improved braking ability and no more pulsation. I will be doing the same to the fronts soon.

Only cost me $83.60 shipped!

Rear Performance Cross Drilled Slotted Brake Rotors and Ceramic Pads M641561 | eBay

Who makes these? Google brakemotive reviews and the only thing that pops up are forum reviews and ebay links. No company info, should be a red flag.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by happythree
boy do i feel dumb, all theses years ive been using junk in my hot rods.
ill never go back there.
good thing we have old time experts here

i wonder if anyone ever put one type on the left,another on the right?

i do like bungers approach.
I agree not to purchase "brakes" from AutoZone. My mechanic installed their best brake pads )in addition to new rotors) which they claimed to be equivalent to the H2's OEM pads (Delco). I hate the pads and will soon be removing them. They squeal terribly whereas the OEM pads I replaced never squealed.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by clan0013
You should probably read this statement on the EBC website before buying Greenstuff pads for your H3...

Greenstuff Brake Pads

"Greenstuff brake pads are a passenger car/saloon car pad NOT made for Truck or SUV fitments."
Scrolling down on that page shows that a 7000 series green stuff is made for a Truck/SUV application however...

Old 09-23-2014, 01:58 PM

After the pads and rotors got there new new off them they stop great!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Need new brakes any recommendations?????????