PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need help w/ driver's side OEM rocker.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 08:21 PM
Default Need help w/ driver's side OEM rocker.

Sorry to start yet another rocker thread and torequest help on a bolt-on accessory (pathetic, I know). I'm having a tough time installing the driver's side OEM rocker as the parking brake cable is in the way of the front (first) bracket.Should the cable go between the bolt holeson the bracket (as there is a gap) or over the top of the bracket?There's very little slack, so I don't have much leeway to move the cable either.Any suggestions?

Thanks for thehelp!!!

Lil D

PS - Crap, I must being going metro b/cI'm definitely NOT a handy-man

Old 05-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Default RE: Need help w/ driver's side OEM rocker.

Try releasing the barking brake. That should make moving that cable easier. I don't remember where I put mine and I would go out and look, but the girlfriend took it on a road trip and she wont be back until late tonight. If memeory serves though, I put it in the notch between the bolt holes. Where ever it was, it just seemed like that was where it was supposed to go and installation was easy after I released the brake. Where ever you put it, make sure that it isnt kinked, bent into a sharp angle, or pinched by anything.

Old 05-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Thanks Linus. I'll give it another go tomorrow. The bracket looks like its cut for that reason, so you're probably correct in thinking that. I looked atthebrake cableagain and there's a plastic click-tie (don't know the actual name) that I think I can cut to free up some slack.

You trust your woman w/ your 3? You must be in love. Ha! JK!

Thanks again!

Old 05-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Success!!! Once I cut the click-tie, the parking brake cable fit right b/w the first bracket.They were a pain to bolt on with all the tight spaces, but I gotthem on there solid. Hope they're worth it. Thanks again for the help Linus.

Lil D

Old 05-26-2007, 07:53 PM

I do trust her with it, not because I lover her, but because it is fully insured and as such she knows if anything happens to it, she needs to total it. "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right!"

If you do any offroading, I'm sure you will be quite pleased with them. I have abused the hell out of mine and am glad I bought them because if I hadn't, all of that abuse would be in the doors or on the plastic rocker panel.