PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help For Hummer H1

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Default Need Help For Hummer H1

Hi everyone,

I may not bethe only person that post this kind of comment (Im sorry because i didnt find the subject that i was searching for so i did this post)

So anyways , this is my question:

I realy like the Hummer H1 and i want to buy one (i dont care about the year), but the only problem is that i dont know wich one i should buy , because i heard alot of stories with the cylinders that broke , and alot more things about different years of Hummer's and im realy confused about wich kind of hummer H1 should i buy.

Please if someone can help me to tell me what year of H1 should i buy and why, and wich year of hummer shouldnt i buy and why.

Thank You Very Much Everyone.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:07 AM
Default RE: Need Help For Hummer H1

Depends on why you are buying it? Primarily street? Off-road recreation? Budget?
The answer is not the same for everyone, so more information about your requirements will help narrow down the answer.

Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 AM

go to lynchhummer.com and they have the changes through the years. I picked up a 95 H1 gasser becuase 1 it was in my budget, and 2.....it was nice....and in my budgetlol its been a great rig thus far. ive had to work out some kinks, but its sure fun learning about this monster!!

Old 06-25-2007, 11:13 AM

Ok thanks,

I want to use it more often on the street (I dont realy want to off-road with it , because i have a Wrangler)
and for the budget it will be aroud 45.000$.

Thank You Very Much[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 06-26-2007, 09:33 PM

No one can help me please ?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:09 AM

$45000 will get you a pretty nice H1. I paid $27000 for mine and its my dream trucklol I bought mine from usedh1.com Thats all the guy does is buy and sell H1's. Now for your question as for what years you want....Ive heard the 97-00 have problems with the #7 and 8 cylinder cracking. Some people dont like the 95-96 becuase some of them have the 350 V8 gas engine in it...but I love mine...all 10mpg of itlol

Old 06-27-2007, 10:06 AM

oh ok thank you very much for the help.

Thank you everyone !!

Old 06-28-2007, 08:17 AM

Good luck on "keeping it on the street because you have a Wrangler" -- I used to have a Wrangler, and the Hummer can go places the Wrangler couldn't even look at without rolling over My Hummer has seen a lot of trail miles since I sold the Wrangler, and I have never looked back!

For street, I would look for a post-98 truck, preferably one that has already had the engine block replaced. The newer it is, the quieter the interior will be. Road ride/manners will be similar for almost all years of truck in your budget.
For $45k you will have a number of trucks to pick from.

If you have specific questions about model years or specific trucks as you look, feel free to drop me an email - I don't always respond as promptly to the postings here, but I monitor my email daily.

Old 06-28-2007, 02:45 PM

Thanks alot hmcoleap for you help if i can find an H1 in Canada i will be very happy lol because there is not alot of H1 where i live But if i cannot find one here in Canada its for sure im gona buy one from the states.

I dont know if its true , but i heard that Hummer's are not as good as the Wranglers, YJ's or Sahara's in off-roading. I was a little bit surprised when i heard that lol.

Here is a pic of my YJ

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/6836/2jeepex7.png

Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 PM

Take it from someone who has driven a modified YJ for years before wheeling in a Hummer - sayingit isn't true about the Wrangler being better than the Hummer would be a grossunderstatement; with a good driver, the Hummer goes almost everywhere my Jeep ever squeezed into, and my Jeep couldn't go even close to half the places my Hummer goes now.

http://www.serious4x4.com/videos/MaBell.wmv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHAbEOrZEME
http://www.serious4x4.com/videos/Sluice2.wmv

This one isn't compared to a Jeep, but a Jeep CJ locked front and rear also attempted this climb and couldn't make it:
http://www.serious4x4.com/videos/D90-H1.wmv

The Jeeps we were with at this event couldn't even get their front tires to stay on the slope trying to start to climb this rock face, and I was able to drive all the way up: