PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with H1 vibration!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Default Need help with H1 vibration!!!

I noticed that the truck shakes at the higher freeway speeds, I asked Rod (Legendary Rod Hall's (from history making Hummer race driver's ROD HALL RACING TEAM) ) about it and he told me ' if you bought a brand new H1 from me now and drove it on the freeway it would have the same shaking because of the RUNFLATS inside the tires'. He said he'd sell me a balancing kit but in his experience (and he owns several H1's) they rarely worked and didnt want to charge me for nothing.

Sounded partly BS.. can these be balanced? Does anybody has another tires size to suggest that could be better suited for highway ?

Thansk guys.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Need help with H1 vibration!!!

ORIGINAL: Alex23 H1 !!!!!!!

I noticed that the truck shakes at the higher freeway speeds, I asked Rod (Legendary Rod Hall's (from history making Hummer race driver's ROD HALL RACING TEAM) ) about it and he told me ' if you bought a brand new H1 from me now and drove it on the freeway it would have the same shaking because of the RUNFLATS inside the tires'. He said he'd sell me a balancing kit but in his experience (and he owns several H1's) they rarely worked and didnt want to charge me for nothing.

Sounded partly BS.. can these be balanced? Does anybody has another tires size to suggest that could be better suited for highway ?

Thansk guys.
I'm confused..... you just said in this post that you are on your 3rd H1..... so... shouldn't you be able to answer your own question??

ORIGINAL: Alex23 H1 !!!!!!!
Hahahah exactly. Another dreamer. No offense but you can't afford an H1.
Hope this helps.
In all seriousness, I wouldn't buy an H1 without doing an inspection at the dealer before hand. I'm at my 3rd H1 and still learn **** every day. These beasts are complex.
https://www.hummerforums.com/m_72335/tm.htm

Old 08-08-2007, 10:07 AM

Some possible issues that can create vibrations at highways speeds on an H1 are:

Out of round tires (have them "trued" or replaced)
Out of balance tires
Bent Wheel
Out of round wheel
Worn Idler/Pitman arms
Ball joints
Loose steering box
Worn tie rod ends
Out of balance prop shaft or carrier bearing problem

In my opinion, ditching the runflats is a cop-out answer -- but if you are truly more concerned with a smooth ride than wheeling in your truck, check out the parts above for condition, and then get a good set of alloy wheels, no beadlocks or runflats, and a quality street tire.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: hmcoleap

Some possible issues that can create vibrations at highways speeds on an H1 are:

Out of round tires (have them "trued" or replaced)
Out of balance tires
Bent Wheel
Out of round wheel
Worn Idler/Pitman arms
Ball joints
Loose steering box
Worn tie rod ends
Out of balance prop shaft or carrier bearing problem

In my opinion, ditching the runflats is a cop-out answer -- but if you are truly more concerned with a smooth ride than wheeling in your truck, check out the parts above for condition, and then get a good set of alloy wheels, no beadlocks or runflats, and a quality street tire.

all true stuff.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

You get a lot of vibration and road noise with a lot of the more aggressive off road tires. The MTRs are great tires but will give you a lot of feedback at high speeds. For highway driving try the GSAs. They aren't as good offroad but are a pretty decentroad tires.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:04 AM

i have tried to balance those wheels before,and for some reason,without adding 4-8 oz of weight,you just cant get em right,it really sucks,and i hate wheel weights