PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Vibration, clunk sound...help 2007 H3

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM
Default Vibration, clunk sound...help 2007 H3

Ok I need a little help....I have a 2007 H3 3.7L L5 DOHC 20V with 96,000 miles still under warranty. At 68,000 miles I noticed a leak on the driver side seal took it in and GM fixed it....at 70,000 miles I noticed a slight clunk noise when I give gas....at GM oil change talked to dealer and they said it was normal....at 80,000 the clunk noise is louder and sounds like something is gonna fall out of my damn truck and started having vibration...few weeks later smelled coolant and stopped popped hook and saw fluid I was right by the dealer and took it in and they replaced the pump that cracked again I told them about the clunk and they said the would look at it..they again said it was normal....so after i got it back I did a oil change, changed fluids/trans/F&R Diff, changed plugs, cleaned TB, put in fuel cleaner, balanced/rotated tires...still the clunk noise and the vibrations are even worse and now I have bad vibrations in the steering wheel..I have lots of tread on all tires no visible balding and I've never taken it off road...on top of all that when I'm at a very slow speed turning I hear a metal popping sound coming from the front wheels..I have to have windows rolled down and radio off to hear it....so when I was under my car I took several pictures...now in my mind this stuff doesn't look right but this is my first hummer. Can some one help/look at these pictures? It's of the front driver and pass axle boots etc...and the rear drive shaft...I see tears, oil, rust...oh and my skid plates was checked. I want to take it back in to the dealer but want to educate myself more before doing so.

Attached Thumbnails Vibration, clunk sound...help 2007 H3-image.jpg  
Old 12-15-2012, 02:42 PM

Check transmission housing bushings the cradle that hold them or possibly your front drivers left hand or right um CV shaft or possibly your steering rack mounts.
That amount of yoke hanging out does not seem standard.
Chris

Old 12-16-2012, 03:22 AM

I haven't looked at mine yet. But lastnight on my way home on highway my abs went of at same time as a traction failed and stab system message. All at once. I thought i had a wheel bearing go but then i had to wait for a ferry and when i went to move it again there was a bad clunk or popping in the front somewhere kinda what you are describing. Metal for sure. No idea yet.