PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Screen.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Default Navigation Screen.

I have noticed that when you touch the screen to change a xm station or anything for that fact where I press to what chages is different. It's like it needs to be calibrated.
It there an adjustment for this?

Old 02-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Default RE: Navigation Screen.

I'm unsure as to what you're in fact alluding to; i.e., when you depress an on-screen button to select a different preprogrammed XM station, you in fact don't actually get that station, but something else instead? What actual changes are you experiencing? Name:  71ccd41c.gif
Views: 64
Size:  418 Bytes

Old 02-01-2007, 08:53 PM

I know I sounded like a bonehead! For instance the preset buttons for XM, there are 6, 3 on top & 3 below. If I touch a lower one the one above it changes. It's this way on all screens. So any buttons at the bottom of the screen won't work, either the botton above it switches or I get nothing. Hope this was better.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:11 PM

I thought that's what you meant...lol. Name:  BigGrinanimated.gif
Views: 64
Size:  932 Bytes

While sitting in the H2 yesterday andwaiting for my wife as she took care of some banking matters, I took the time to really check-out the OEM XM/Nav unit for the first time...otherthanjust programming the stereo's presets.My H2's unit appears to be functioning properly and all stations change as they should; i.e., the preset I push retrievesthat particular preset station selected whether in AM/FM1/FM2/XM1/or XM2 mode. The owner's manual states nothing about stereo recalibration, so I'd check with your Hummer dealer, as it doesn't sound like an XM issue to me. Name:  4b2b921c.gif
Views: 65
Size:  275 Bytes

BTW, shortly after purchasing my H2 from my dealer, I had to have them reprogram the H2'sremote 6-disc CD changer unit, as I could not get it to function whatsoever. I was advised by their in-house audio/video tech that somehow my H2's battery became disconnected whilst sitting on the dealer's lot; thus, placing the CD changer into some sort of 'lock-out' mode. So, the dealer had to re-flash my H2's computer system and now everything is copacetic. Name:  20ffd32c.gif
Views: 62
Size:  959 Bytes

News Flash...

On the way home from work this afternoon, my wife opened the H2's sunroof as usual. When she went to close it, it would only closeabout 3/4 of the way and then automatically reopen. I checked it myself and didn't see anything loose and/or possibly sitting in the sunroof tracks which might be interfering with the closing function.Well, needless to say, it'll be at the dealer overnight until the problem has been rectified. BTW, my wife said that a gentleman was ahead of herin line at the service department to drop-off hisH2for exactly the same problem....strange huh? Name:  Skepticalsmileyanimated.gif
Views: 70
Size:  525 Bytes

Old 02-02-2007, 09:35 PM
Default Sunroof won't close

Well, according to my local Hummer dealer, it appears that our H2's sunroof had some sort ofcomputer glitch/temporary short for some unknown reason. They re-flashed the H2's on-board computer and now the sunroof closes as it should.[sm=pcwhack.gif]

Old 02-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Default RE: Sunroof won't close

how does reflashing the puter fix the sunroof? I'm gald they got it fixed for you, but that sounds weird.

Old 02-03-2007, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: blackstangs281

how does reflashing the puter fix the sunroof? I'm gald they got it fixed for you, but that sounds weird.
Beats me, but that's what I was advised by my service advisor, and it works fine once again.

Work Order/Receipt states the following:

Customer States The Sunroof Wont Close
Logic Lock
Check Switch...Power And Grounds...Logic Lock
Clear Codes...Reset Clock...Operate Sunroof...OK At This Time

VPRKLR...

With regard to your XM radio problem...

Last night, while enroute to a restaurant, our XM Radio switched over to XM Preview. I didn't realize it at first, but the XM Radio became deactivated. Irregardless of which XM preset button I selected, the XM station would remain the same. I then surmisedthat our 'free/trial' XM Radio subscription must've expired, so I called XM for verification. The subscription expiration was confirmed, so I paid for a three-year subscription (saved me about five bucks per month), andour H2's XM was reactivated within about fiveminutes time. Might this possibly be what you are experiencing with your XM Radio? If you're unsure, just tuneyour XM Radio to XM station 1 in order to retrieve your XM Radio ID, and then just call XM's toll free numberto verify your current subscription status. The operator I spoke with was extremely helpful and reactivated our XM Radio while we conversed via my cell phone.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-05-2007, 04:48 PM

It's not the XM, it does this on any screen. Looks like a trip to the dealer.