PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Mystery Wire/Plug Under Driver Kick Panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75
Carry on..... no need for dr toms comments....
NOW that was funny
Thanks, I needed a good laugh morning

Old 05-03-2012, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Thank God I have him blocked! I don't have to see his drivel!

I just got a PM from a former posting forum member (won't post anymore because of tom) and he looked at his rig and he does not have the round "thingy" above his parking break mechanism(sp).
That same person should probably stay home hiding in the corner because there is some person out in the world they do not like or understand. Let's send the whiner some cheese.

Better yet, they can buy their own forum and decide who they think are cool enough to hang out in their tree fort like in third grade. Why bother acting like an adult.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Well I looked and my parking break assembly doesn't have the round black piece that you took a picture of. There isn't anything like that under the dash that I can see and I spent 10 minutes looking (that doesn't mean it's not there I just didn't see anything resembling the picture). Does anyone else have a 2010 H3 base model that can look and see if they have this (or even a 2010 Lux or Adv might work)? I'd take it to the dealer but I want to avoid paying $$$ if I can. I don't think this will help but I'll mention it anyway. On the connector it says Delphi PA6-GB20-GF10. I googled this and it seems to be a very common automotive connector used for all types of stuff.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:40 PM

Just crawled under the dash of out 10 Alpha H3T and 08 Alpha H3 and no such wires or connector exists? Not even the place to clip it into above the parking brake. Hmmmm ..... Yes on the 09 I5 5 speed but no on the 08 & 10 Alphas.

Might be a Manual Trans thing or and I5 thing?

Narrowing it down a little

Old 05-05-2012, 09:37 AM

I have the I5 so it's got to be for the manual trans. That would be my best guess.

Old 05-05-2012, 11:44 AM

theres one hanging there in my 09 alpha

Old 05-07-2012, 09:59 AM

Good, so I know it's not supposed to be plugged into anything. Well it's still a mystery what that is for but I'm not going to wonder if it should be plugged in anymore.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:08 PM
Banned
Default no mystery,,,

none that is to anyone who has it plugged in like the pix shows. even the blurrey pix shows a slotted lever that has a pin in it that moves the rotary switch.
now a smart guy would wiggle something,push something,hit the brakes,the clutch,push the e brake,,,DO SOMETHING!!!and get us out our mysery mystery!
you can see the actuator. it MUST move when something on the car does!!

so if ure blessed with one,or know someone who does,let them know i posted this ifn they got me blocked,,u know,,,

Old 05-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Banned
Default the pix

i cleaned up the orig pix so anybody can see the actuator pin. its circled,roughly, in red. man my mouse dont draw verry good huh.
my theory is that something on the vehicle moves or is moved by some action of the driver and that movement in turn causes said switch to rotate, causing an electrical circuit to be opened or closed,possibly causing some sort of indicator to be lightened up.
now maybe someone whoo has one of these secret mystery switches can lighten us all up!

Attached Thumbnails Mystery Wire/Plug Under Driver Kick Panel-clearpix-z5fd-red-marksjpg.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Banned

Hmmmm ..... Yes on the 09 I5 5 speed but no on the 08 & 10 Alphas.
the above from someone who actually saw one plugged onto something. so were closer if we can find out just what the darn thing does.
im betting its because a 5 speed stick has no park position,maybe a warning to use the e brake.
someone with a stick shift ,,,help is needed. im shiftless,,,

Quick Reply: Mystery Wire/Plug Under Driver Kick Panel