Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/)
-   -   Mystery Wire/Plug Under Driver Kick Panel (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/private-sale-trade-classifieds-10/mystery-wire-plug-under-driver-kick-panel-27690/)

jvorpahl 05-01-2012 01:57 PM

Mystery Wire/Plug Under Driver Kick Panel

3 Attachment(s)
I was looking under my drivers side dash (not kick panel as I stated in the topic - used the wrong wording and can't change it) and noticed a wire with a plastic tab for mounting the wire in place about half way up the wire and a purple plug on the end of it coming off the main wire-harness not connected to anything. I was under their a month or so ago trying to find a spot to drill through the fire wall but opted for the passenger side so it's possible I unknowingly unplugged something but I can't find a place to plug it back into. I took some pictures of it in hopes of someone being able to identify it. Also I don't have any warning lights or have noticed anything strange while driving.

Thanks in advance everyone!

Widespread Hummer 05-02-2012 06:39 AM

That's just an extra, nothing to worry about. There are a few plugs/wires up in there for other optional items the 3 might get like offorad lights, front locker etc. It that sencond pic there is a little grey plug that probably pushes into a hole in your firewall to keep it up out of the way. There is an extra little brown wire with a 2 pin plug under there that I used for my back-up camera.

Doc Olds 05-02-2012 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by jvorpahl (Post 277249)
I was looking under my drivers side dash (not kick panel as I stated in the topic - used the wrong wording and can't change it) and noticed a wire with a plastic tab for mounting the wire in place about half way up the wire and a purple plug on the end of it coming off the main wire-harness not connected to anything. I was under their a month or so ago trying to find a spot to drill through the fire wall but opted for the passenger side so it's possible I unknowingly unplugged something but I can't find a place to plug it back into. I took some pictures of it in hopes of someone being able to identify it. Also I don't have any warning lights or have noticed anything strange while driving.

Thanks in advance everyone!

This is where year and model come into play.

jvorpahl 05-02-2012 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 277294)
This is where year and model come into play.

Sorry about that. I have a 2010 H3 Base Model. No Lux, Adventure, Alpha, nothing. Just the base H3. I know it is probably an extra but I'm curious what it is for so if anyone knows that would be great.

TAINTER 05-02-2012 04:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Definitly NOT a misc. plug!

It attaches to the top of the Parking Brake assembly. See pix.

Attachment 14196

Attachment 14197

Attachment 14198

Attachment 14199

Attachment 14200

Hope this helps!

Muddydawg75 05-02-2012 07:18 PM

Carry on..... no need for dr toms comments....

Widespread Hummer 05-02-2012 08:30 PM

I made some assumptions prior to my first post, my apologies for any wrong information.

drtom 05-02-2012 09:45 PM

oops, where am i?,was i,,,

was i deleted for suggesting that a little more time or different setup was needed to get focused!!
ill just try some pix myself. oh i did post pix of the hole i made for wires a few weeks ago. it took some effort to get the camera set right for low/no light and flash,and ,,,focus.
so as usual.no good deed goes UNpunished!!
just trying in my way to be helpful,with a ltl wizzz azz thrown in for good humor,,or,,or

TAINTER 05-02-2012 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Muddydawg75 (Post 277318)
Carry on..... no need for dr toms comments....

Thank God I have him blocked! I don't have to see his drivel!;)

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer (Post 277322)
I made some assumptions prior to my first post, my apologies for any wrong information.

No harm no foul! Actually you may be correct and I may be wrong.

I just got a PM from a former posting forum member (won't post anymore because of tom) and he looked at his rig and he does not have the round "thingy" above his parking break mechanism(sp).

To be clear: that photo was taken on our 2009 H3T 5 Speed manual base with the 6 disc Monsoon. Might be a Manual trans thing?? Might be a 2009-2010 Hill Assist thing, etc??? I'll have to check out the 08 H3 and the 10 H3T to see if they have it also.

Hmmmmmm....now he has got me thinking.

Widespread Hummer 05-03-2012 12:41 AM

I don't have anything plugged into my parking brake mechanism either fwiw.