PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My lease is up!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by bflank
As far as changing it for a Wrangler Unlimited the answer is - it depends. We have both an H3 and a Wrangler Unlimited.

If you love driving with the top off, maybe the doors off, and you can put up with more noise and a much rougher ride then maybe. But it will never be as quiet and comfortable by a long shot.

My take has always been that if my trip is mostly to drive offroad in nice weather then I love the Wrangler. If the trip involves a lot of long road travel and then some offroad driving to get to the destination then I will take my H3 every time.

Both are great vehicles, both perform well offroad if properly equipped but they are very different.

As for price, shop around. Most of the feedback I have heard is that GM is not giving lease holders any kind of decent deals at lease end and you can generally do better - unless you just gotta have YOUR H3.

VERY true. The Jeep option is only if you want to go more towards the offroad rugged side than comfort. Id look at the Rubicon though, not the unlimited

Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Stunninggirl
My buy out is 27k Is it worth keeping now that they stopped making them?
Again depends on what you have.....if its not an Alpha I am with the others and go spend your 27K on an Alpha.....they are hard to find but you will not regret it.....Payments are going to run you $500+ a month with a good interest rate and another 5 years. Good thing is you will still have it and by then they should start to become rare.

If $$$ is an issue go buy something else like a FORD RAPTOR for another 12K but buy it this time.....from an accountants standpoint you get burned when you lease if you find a vehicle you like and want to keep. You get that great "low" payment but look where you are at now years later.

Look around at auto trader and see what is out there before you decide one way or another. I don't know of any dealerships near me that have anything on their lots and if so they don't last long.

Good luck and happy trails

Old 03-24-2011, 07:34 PM

It is a tough decision. Last year I passed on the chance to purchase a brand new H3 Alpha. At that time I was scared, hence the annoying user name, GM was going under. The sale of the Hummer died and they stopped production. I regretted that decision for a long time.

We bought ours this year, after a long search for what I wanted. I am so happy with this truck. It is the best ride.

We looked at different Jeep models, Lexus, BMW's and Range Rovers. Nothing measured up to how I felt driving the Hummer.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by WarMongur
VERY true. The Jeep option is only if you want to go more towards the offroad rugged side than comfort. Id look at the Rubicon though, not the unlimited
The Rubicon is an option available for either the 2 door or the 4 door (AKA Unlimited) Wrangler. It's a great option if you really intend to wheel the heck out of it - gas shocks, dual lockers, sway bar disconnects. If your offroading is milder the Sport option is much less expensive and still very capable.

Comparing offroad capabilities of the H3 and the Wrangler is a sure way to start a flame war among fans of either vehicle.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by scared2buy
We looked at different Jeep models, Lexus, BMW's and Range Rovers. Nothing measured up to how I felt driving the Hummer.
I think you just answered your own question - you want to stay in an H3 Alpha. Now just research the pricing of resales against what GM wants for your lease buyout. Then pull the trigger and continue to enjoy.

Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM

I'm late to this party but I agree with those who say that a $27k buyout is too much. Send it back and go get another one for less money.

Also... Do you think you will ever tow anything? The Wrangler has a sucky towing capacity. My experience with Wranglers is that they get even less MPG than Hummers. Jeeps are capable vehicles but they are just not Hummers. I would never get rid of my Hummer in exchange for another Jeep.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:10 AM

I have the h3x its all chromed out! Every option leather seats, nav, xm radio i will post pics in few ! I went looking at diff trucks last nite and i was disappointed ! I will decide today what i will do! All your advice is great thank you all so much!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:24 AM

Pictures are always good! Good luck on your decision...

Last edited by Songman; 03-26-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:15 AM

I've had my H2 for 6 years, I'd never drive anything else. I'm sure one day she'll get a new paint job and other things but I'm too comfortable in what I have

Old 03-28-2011, 03:30 PM

Get a nice 08 and up H2!