PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease Payments

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Default Lease Payments

Hello to all. I am new to the forum and new to the world of Hummers. I am going back and forth with the dealer on a lease currently. If you guys don't mind, what lease payments, terms, and down payments are you guys giving? I am looking at a Adv. Pack. It has a sticker of $33,880 + $299 for the DVD package. They are stuck on $2,299 down for 39 months for $399/month. I feel they should be able to do this for $399/month with only the first payment down. Am I being unrealistic here. I leased a Blazer ZR2 in 2000. The sticker on it was $31,000, I lease it for $369/month $0 down. I know the residual has to be higher on an H3 than the Blazer, and I also think the money factor is more favorable now then in 2000. Any input would be appreaciated. Thanks

Old 01-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Default RE: Lease Payments

I am no financial planner but I would guess they will be a bit unlikely to haggle on any sticking point because I am pretty sure it is doing as well as they ever could have hoped and frankly, they don't need to deal to sell them... They have drastically increased production on the H3 because also as far as I know, it is the only healthy line GM has right now... Auto sales are down across the board and the H3's are hot and combined they have everything to do with the dealer's position... Leasing is a gamble for both you and them in that neither of you can know where it will end up in 2 or 3 years value wise... They figure one way and you will naturally figure the other way... In the end the dealer will find a number that is a safe gamble and when that is on a highly desirable car, they will be less likely to target low... My guess is that they will hold it high and let you take it or leave it because if you don't do it, someone else will...

Personally, and I mean that literally, Hummer could screw us all by adding the power they should have added this year... If they come through and do that next year, our H3's will dive a bit in resale value... If they don't we will be fine and that would be my issue in deciding on a lease... If you find that they are very likely to add that power in that which you research and read I would say stick to your guns and wait until 2007 if you have to... If you find the contrary, then I would say consider the fact that they are going to rise in price next year and that is almost guaranteed... Leasing, as I understand it, is either an expensive rental for a few years with the hopes of always driving a near new car or it is an opportunity to stretch a 5 year loan into 6 years to lower the payments with a chance to escape at the half way mark... What seems to matter most in either is in how it compares to a purchase payment... If it will considerably less then I would understand a lease program better but if it were almost as expensive as owning then it would seem to be less than prudent... Have you researched what the payments would be to simply purchase it outright?? I bought my H3 cash so it's hard to say but I have also financed as well as leased cars in the past so I do understand at least a bit about it... Beyond the terms of the agreement, the prices sound right however, I would have thought the DVD package would have been 1299 and not 299... I don't know mind you, I did not get the DVD stuff...

Old 01-08-2006, 01:31 PM

I lease mine and I leased it when GM was having the employee incentives. I put NO money down and leased for 3 years. The NO money down wasn't an issue with the dealership here. I think they were glad to make more finance money if you ask me. A lease is good for me because I can write off the whole amount through my business. I figured also that if I love it that much after 3 years I'll buy it out. Or if a new model comes out I may consider a new one and just drop off the one I have. The regular payment would have been about $200 more a month to buy with minimal money down.

Old 01-08-2006, 05:14 PM

here is the way mine figured out for a lease of 36months with 30,000 miles

sticker - $34,480
gm employee price - $30,248
residule - $22,364

0 down payment, 0 tax at signing

registration and inspection fees, and first payment at signing $603.53

36 months - $436.03

if i was going to finance it for 60months, my payment would have been $649 month

Old 01-26-2006, 11:14 AM

for my lease i laid out 2000 including 1st payment and everything and im currently paying 450 a month.......but the h3 i got had a sticker of $42,000. and get the DVD's in the headrest they are AWESOME!!!!! they come with 2 wireless headsets that sound great and the sound can also come through the car stereo. if you get the luxury package with the monsoon stereo then its like surround sound and its loud and clear. good luck!!!!