PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My H3 stalled

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My H3 stalled

I've had it happen a couple of times, but under severe humidity conditions, which I'm sure played a factor. I had a major low-idle problem with the H3 for 6 months that I posted about numerous times. That was fixed though, but this was unrelated because it happened after the fix.

I'll tell you what though, the engine performs SO much more reliably with that PCM tune. It throttles down so much faster, and I don't have eratic idle problems in bad weather like I did before.

HummerMike said the guys at the service department were joking around this week saying "You have the only stick in the midwest" which very well maybe true lol. Apparently to this day I may very well be the only manual tranny H3 they have ever seen lol. Hell, even the White Castle manager who was lurking around outside the other day said "Is that a stick?" and was shocked lol.

I get that reaction ALOT. BUT, back to the stalling.............

Old 07-27-2007, 11:07 AM

I get the whole, back in my day I had to walk 37 miles with one leg to get help argument...really I do. I was raised in Latrobe PA...many nights I spent chugging down a mountain trying to think of what excuse I'm gonna tell my dad as to why his truck was stuk...again. But times are changing....you walk down the wrong road for help now and your dead...so I'll hug my onstar button next time I break down on the other side of the tracks....you enjoy your walk

Old 07-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

I'm huggin my Sig Sauer P228. I hear ya, nuts all over the place. Maybe when my H3 STALLS, I'll push the button? Then I'll take a walk.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:59 AM

nice gun...fired one at a comp. a few weeks back....real nice recoil.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

SMOOTH! Just add a Milt Sparks holster and (like a visa) never leave home without it. Sigs are pricey, but well worth it. Used to shoot in a bowling pin league, used the old S&W 29 and speed loaders, the kids with the hot rod race guns used to get a KICK out of that. Anybody's H3 stalling........?

Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM

Doc, my H3 is isn't stalling but I was in an airport parking shuttle yesterday and it stalled. Close enough?

Old 07-27-2007, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: Doc Olds

SMOOTH! Just add a Milt Sparks holster and (like a visa) never leave home without it. Sigs are pricey, but well worth it. Used to shoot in a bowling pin league, used the old S&W 29 and speed loaders, the kids with the hot rod race guns used to get a KICK out of that. Anybody's H3 stalling........?
I'd say this H3 thread is stalling.[&:]

Old 07-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: alrock

Doc, my H3 is isn't stalling but I was in an airport parking shuttle yesterday and it stalled. Close enough?
[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 07-27-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Was the Airport shuttle a Hummer? Take it to the Shuttle Bus Forum buddy. I guess these freekin things never stall?

Old 07-29-2007, 10:11 PM

Sorry for my delayed response. I was traveling this weekend and luckily no stall's.

I appreciate all the responses and recommendations. I have never had OnStar before and didn't even think about it. I definitely deserve an "RTFM" on that one. You guys are great even if some of you are smart aleck's

P.S. - I really learned a lot of arguments for the OnStar system from this thread. Ha!