PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

My H3 Problems Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Default RE: My H3 Problems Update

ORIGINAL: Raffi76

I have AUTOMATIC transmission guys, how could it shift late if it was MANUAL ? You do not know how upset I am with this vehicle...... This was the 3RD time I had it in for the Wipers, and they still work as bad as before, I could hardly see anything driving home saturday in the snow storm. In addition to that now I get a constant loud rattle in the back of the car, they fixed the dent in the roof that they made replacing the sunroof, but now they made two 3 to 5 inch scratches right next to where the dent was.. another scratch on the rear door. They were tryint to fix a seal thing between the windshield and the dashboard, someone pushed it in so hard the dashboard is bent inward now, and I get rattle and squeeking noises from it....... I already wrote a letter on saturday to the GM at the dealer that I can not believe their incompetence and that I am 2 inches short of driving the car through their front window at the dealer....... after that I called GM and opened a case with them. The customer rep said that since I have so many issues so early with the car he is going to have one of the GM CS Managers give me a call today or tomorrow and take the issue of replacing the car from there.

Hey Raffi,

I thought it was an automatic from the way you were talking...Still though it don't sound like it's doing right.

But to approach your overall satisfaction with the Dealership and the H3..I think you're doing the right thing..Remember the pen in mightier than the sword...

I never mentioned it here because the issue is settled, but this is what I went through on my FIRST H3..

January 7th, the day I drove 379 miles to pick it up....

I wrote this letter to the Dealer's General Manager 3 days after I got home:

[b]Dear sir, this is what I got for having blind faith and trust in your dealership,

1. They Had a week to prep the H3
2. Muddy all over underneath and in the engine compartment.
3. Damage to firewall liner from high pressure washer, from attempting to clean engine compartment…Took Me almost 8 hours of washing to clean most of it off, still not completely cleaned, mud runs out the doors after washing still.
4. Found mud residue inside the Transmission dip stick.
5. Interior had mud stains on door panels.
6. Dash board was covered with dust.
7. The floor mats were still wet from last minute washing.
8. Door sills caked in mud.
9. Grille has scratches.
10. Steering wheel was not centered cocked to the right, even after I mentioned to the salesman to make sure the alignment was right before I get there.
11. Driver’s side doors had scratches; Buffed out by Chip (sales Person).
12. Tail gate had stuck on white residue of tape; Removed by Chip (sales Person).
13. Roof rail had a crack; Replaced by Service.
14. Front tow hooks were ground up; Replaced by service.
15. Engine area had a whine to it..Chip (sales Person) acted like he didn’t hear it until I had two other people listen to it from the dealership and was told then that the rear end Diff locks maybe acting up and MY area HUMMER dealer could take care of it..Fact was it was my local dealership’s service who found the Power steering Rack and Pinion that was bad… and to think I drove 400 miles with this worry.
16. Was handed only one keyless remote and was told three times by Chip (sales Person) that the Adventure packages only come with ONE remote.
17. Left dealership without a temp tag

Was told this was a NEW vehicle before I drove 379 miles to pick it up, only to find out it had been used as a OFF ROAD Demo...I was screwed.

I'm waiting now to see what the Dealer will do to make this right..otherwise look out!!!...I'm all fired up for a major letter writing campaign to whomever will listen..and if I get no satisfaction, Then I publish far and wide on every HUMMER forum I can find about Who the DEALER is!

[u] Next day a

Old 02-13-2006, 11:20 AM

Thanks Dennis for all the feedback, this is definitely the route I will be taking, I want a NEW HUMMER damn it !! Honestly speaking if it wasn't for the fact it takes them 3 weeks to get a part in, this car would not have been out of the shop still. Everytime I get work done with a problem, they create 4 new ones, this will be the 3rd time the car is getting painted. 4th time to get wipers worked on, 3rd time (inluding the ordering of the part though) there is a problem with the sunroof work. Every time I get in this car I get upset with what will go wrong next, I do nothing the whole way to work and back but listen to squeeks and rubbing and rattles....... Even if they replace every part in this car at this point I will not be satisfied..... I also can not believe the incompetence at the dealer's service department, its mind puzzling

Old 02-13-2006, 01:05 PM

Oops, my bad about the manual.

It sounds really ridiculous that you havent received a new one yet. There seems to be a lot of weird stuff going on with your 3. GM says they have and still are improving their quality and service immensely. Doesnt sound like you have seen any of that yet. You should go over the dealerships head and go straight to GM. Good Luck and keep us posted.

Old 02-13-2006, 01:06 PM

a guy from GM, a manager just called me, I gave him a recap and he told me to continue working on the car with the dealership while they see if they can get me out of the car. They will be calling my dealer, so I bet they gonne sell them some bs story about how the car is perfect. Now I am thinking I should have asked him if I can take it to another dealer.

Old 02-13-2006, 02:16 PM

I had a 4 runner before the H3 i had a simple problem i called toyota the dealer had three days to fix it they where scared of toyota
the had to get it done it that time frame.Wish GM was like that

Dennis looks like you went threw hell.

I was scared to buy the H3 because of GM but i said to myself they would not hurt the Hummer name but you know what it is a GM
no matter what i swear i never buy from GM again after 1987 but i did so far so good but not like the 4runner

RAFFI GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU GET A NEW ONE AND IF YOU DO AFTER FOR SERVICE CHANGE DEALSHIPS I JUST DID

Old 02-13-2006, 02:26 PM

I really hope I do, but I just have the weird feeling they will do everything they can do stick me with this piece of crap.... I know GM escalated it to possible vehicle replacement but that prolly means abosolutely nothing in the long run, it will end on the dealer's conversation with GM and I am sure they will not want to replace it either. More then likely I will spend the next 6 months with the car in and out of the dealership, its what it looks like. I called GM asking about taking the car to another dealer but they told me once an issue was started at one place it would probably have to be done there and that most likely no other dealer will want to work on it, especially when it comes to damages the other dealer made. I still do not know what to think of that and wheather I should call another dealer just to see what they say.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:16 AM

No one really answered me yet, Do you guy hear lots of Wind noise at higher speeds? I dont know if it necessarily comes from the roof, maybe just cuz of the flat windshield hitting the air?

Old 02-14-2006, 11:26 AM

Wind noise is a subjective interpolation. I hear in mine very little noise, if none at all that covers normal conversation...But in your car's case, I'd say for the record with your historical problem list, you probably do have more noise than usual. I was told by my dealer that some folks have come in with that complaint and they replaced the front two trim pieces that border the left and right side of the windshield. This seemed to fix it….But you want a new HUMMER right??, so add this to your list.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:24 PM

Yes I reported for the second time now, there is also a number of other issues I asked to be addressed before and they just decide to ignore them, like the leather on the steering wheel being wrinkled and shriveled

Old 03-26-2006, 02:21 PM

Hummer gives you a great chance to vent all frustration to them in the Purchase Satisfaction Survey. That thing is worth its weight in gold. Tell them all of your problems and ask them to have a CSI rep. contact you. Those serveys can cost the dealership more in a quarter than most people make in a year. It can also cause them to loose their franchise. And when you are talking to the rep., act like a semisane person. If you are pissed and acting irate, they will usually blow you off as a lost cause. GM is taking better care of Hummer customers than most of their others. Most complaints that I read here are with poor shops in the dealership and not the vehicle, but the shops have surveys too and they count for just as much.

Quick Reply: My H3 Problems Update