PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mod's to Tighten up Steering...Too Loose and Sloppy

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2016, 03:39 AM

I'm having the same thing with my H2 as Treviso. My question is will this set be all I need to eliminate the issue ?

Brand New 10pc Complete Front Suspension Kit Avalanche Silverado Sierra Yukon H2 | eBay

Cheers!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:37 PM

@malcolm ... I wouldn't replace any of the OEM parts for Ebay aftermarket cheap kit . @ $70 for a kit is too good to be good
Only a moog ball joint cost $40 . Ebay usually is not the best place to buy parts . Due to the counterfeit I dont even trust the brand name aftermarket
The problem is if any of the parts fails you will have to replace it again and usually it does involves a lot of work
If you are going to replace the suspension go with quality. It is worth it on the short and the long run
Btw . Im not saying the pitman or the damper is causing the issue . But mine ride improved a lot after replacing a few parts such as shocks , pitman , damper and idler arm

Old 03-16-2016, 08:13 PM

I would love to know exactly what brand parts you are using? For those of us new to the H2 experience, please be as specific as possible. Thank you!

Old 03-16-2016, 09:27 PM

If you want cost effective quality parts get moog from rockauto.com

They even offer heavy duty pitman, and idler arms.

If you are looking for the best heavy duty stuff, get the stuff from rare parts, but purchase it from one of their resellers like jegs.com etc...

http://rareparts.com/gm-steering

Just my $.02

We tend to steer our customers towards the rare parts stuff because while you pay a little more now, in the end it pays off since it lasts longer. So that means you don't have to have it replaced at quickly and pay for more R&I aka removal and installation.

Or if your doing it yourself it'll save you on beers that you drink while changing them :P

Last edited by yrkdmaxh2; 03-16-2016 at 09:28 PM. Reason: added link
Old 03-16-2016, 09:31 PM

I got moog for idler and pitman . Haven't replaced the ball joints but it will be moog as well when need it .
There could be better choices but I had used moog in my other car too and so far Im happy ... I do agree with rareparts but heavy duty may be only needed if you doing offroad or you really wants to spend the max for performance you may no use
For a regular daily drive Moog is great quality and will last long enough to forget when you last replaced

For the Hubs if needed Timken is the way to go
Shocks/damper - - Bilstein

Transmission cooler - *Tru-Cool MAX*

Any other parts just go with Ac delco

Last edited by H2Miami; 03-16-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
I got moog for idler and pitman . Haven't replaced the ball joints but it will be moog as well when need it .
There could be better choices but I had used moog in my other car too and so far Im happy

For the Hubs if needed Timken is the way to go
Shocks/damper - - Bilstein

Transmission cooler - *Tru-Cool MAX*

Any other parts just go with Ac delco
Nods head in agreement!

Old 03-17-2016, 06:35 AM

Great information gentlemen, thank you!

Old 03-23-2016, 11:05 PM

Anytime

Old 03-28-2016, 10:10 AM

i just had my steering box replaced and it now exhibits these exact symptoms. prior to replacing the steering was tight and responsive. now the wheel jumps 2-3 inches each direction before it catches. the mechanic tightened up the steering box but that only helped a little bit. were going to put in a new box and see if was just a bad box.

Old 04-13-2016, 10:54 PM

update:

mechanic had replaced the steering box with some aftermarket piece. took it back had them use an oem ac delco rebuilt box and steering is back to normal.

Quick Reply: Mod's to Tighten up Steering...Too Loose and Sloppy