PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

message from Mike

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Default RE: message from Mike

Thank you all for the well wishes, I printed this and will bring it to him tonight. He is concious but is on a morphine drip for the pain so he is out of it most of the time. We are trying to get him transported to a hospital where his doctors have priveleges, the EMT's just brought him to the nearest hospital to the mall we were in and his doctors do not work out of that hospital. Hopefully We will get everything taken care of some time today.

Hummerguy, thanks for the offer of a laptop, but if I know my husband, once he is out of ICU he won't be staying in a regular room too long. He has signed out against doctors orders more times than I can remember. I am actually hoping that his regular doctor allows him to come home and have a nurse rather than send him to another hospital, this is a serious condition but nothing we haven't been through before so hopefully experiance will make it go easier this time.

Thanks again to all of you,

Tara

Old 02-20-2007, 03:10 PM

OMG!! Tera, please tell Mike that we're all praying for you guys.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:41 PM

Get well sooon mike...we all mis you muchly...Thankyou Tara for keeping us informed... my prayers are with you.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:06 AM

Sugardaddy, are you the Doctor? I know Mike has mentioned one of you are, I thought it was you. If so maybe you can clarify something for us.

I got Mike home tonight, the hospital he needs to go to has no beds and the one he was at was useless as they have never seen a man without a Pancreas before so his primary care doc. got him discharged to home care until a bed opens in the other hospital or if he gets better by Thursday then he can stay with home care. Basically he cannot eat anything for 4 weeks, he is getting his nutrition through a TPN IV bag. He can drink clear fluids only 3-4 times a day. The doctors are now saying that he did not colitis, but instead the Pancreatitis was so severe that his bowels and bladder are so swollen that they are actually getting wrapped up and blocking each other...does that sound possible? I know there is major swelling because he has lost 25 pounds since Saturday but has gone from a 36" waist to a 44" waist in that same time frame, this happens everytime but this is the first we ever heard of the bowels bieng affected. Sorry to bore you people with this, just has me kinda concerned.

BTW-Dennis, you may get a kick out of this. As I was driving Mike home from the hospital I drove through a huge salt/mud puddle to avoid a car that stopped ahead of me. When we got home the truck was filthy. Mike laughed for the first time in days and said Hun, take a picture of the truck and post it on the board for Dennis, He'll enjoy it. Don't know what that means but he got a good laugh out of it and said that you would understand.

Thanks again everyone, I will try to get a computer near the bed tomorrow so Mike can re-join his second family, trust me he misses you guys more than you know.

Tara

Old 02-21-2007, 12:11 AM

Good to hear he's up at least! Get stronger Mike, and hopefully a bed will open up soon. Even better if you don't need it.

Old 02-21-2007, 12:17 AM

Thanks for the update Tara. Sugardaddy should check in Wed morn.

You are not boring anyone here. We are a big family and we are concerned for Mike and you.

Again, anything you need, let us know.

Get well soon Mike!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:17 AM

Man..I'm moved...If I can motivate a guy that is sicker than a dog...well I'm glad it was me that instilled this motivation to aggravate me....that's my Bro Michael.....The Bastard...

Glad he's home where the healing can begin..

Old 02-21-2007, 12:19 AM

Tara~

It's very good to hear that your Hubby is home!

I hate that he's having such terrible problems and don't blame you one bit for feeling the way you do!!! Thank you for taking the time to update us all!

Old 02-21-2007, 12:35 AM

Tara.. make sure Mike see this..this is my GET WELL CARD to him

Old 02-21-2007, 12:58 AM

Tara, so sorry you and Mike have to go thru all this. Unfortunately Pancreatectomies are not very common, so care and treatment in many medical facilities is lacking. Prayers to y'all that he has a speedy and less painful recovery..GET WELL MIKE! [&o]

Quick Reply: message from Mike