PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Memphis Area Folks.. (I Need a LOT of help)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Default Memphis Area Folks.. (I Need a LOT of help)

Hey folks..

I'm trying to get a bunch of Hummers together to help haul the toys for the Wheels of Thunder Toy Run on Nov 18th for LeBohneur Children's Hospital.

Just word of mouth I'm not having much luck.. I keep thinking about trying to chase folks up and down Germantown Road and hand out flyers.. Unfortuanately, I'm not fast enough on foot and I'm generally going the other way from 'em when I'm driving..

We're going to need a LOT of trucks to do this.. I'm anticipating 15+ and maybe a couple of trailers.. They filled up a 28ft Uhaul last year.

I'm going to TRY and attach a copy of the fliers.. One with event info, the other a wish list from Le Bohner..

If you're in the area or could be in the area to help out, it would be greatly appreciated.. Right now I have two other folks besides myself onboard to help out. And those other folks are driving over 10 hours to get here from Texas..

If you've never been involved with a Toy Run, you have no idea the chills it will send down your spine being in the middle of a group of 300+ motorcycles and knowing they have all came out to make Christmas better for a sick child. If that doesn't make you melt.. Wait until you're standing in the lobby of the hospital getting to meet some of those kids and getting to see the looks on their faces when "Santa" and all of his leather clad helpers walk in just for them...

Thanks yall, for anything you can do to help out.....

Rob