PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Tire pressure warning

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Default Low Tire pressure warning

I wrote before about having the unfortunate experience of having the low tire pressure warning come on my new ride. I took it to my local tire store that we have used for years and they found a wood screw in the left back tire in the lower part of the tread area.

The tire was taken off and fixed with a patching system. All was okay until the next morning after driving a few miles. The warning came back on. So I went back to the tire store and the tire was taken off and they placed it in a tub of water to show me the leaking air was coming from the stem. He gingerly tightened it and it still showed bubbling of air in the water. He advised me he did not want to tighten it too much more and to go to the dealership as this is covered under the warranty.

Went to the dealership and they tightened the valve correctly and all was okay for a few more days and miles driven. The warning came back on.

Back to the dealership and they did more investigation. Replaced the value and still air leakage. Replaced the seal around the value and this fixed the issue.

A question I have is could the tire shop take the tire off and patch it and place it back on damage the value/seal? It only happened on the tire that had the nail in it. I watched them take the tire off and fix it so I know they did not do anything wrong as far as dropping it or anything.

I find it strange that the tire with the nail in it would also have a defective value/seal. It is fixed under warranty and so far no more problems.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Banned
Default memories,,,

last summer in my 07 i had my only experience with tpm. i got a warning,was slightly low,aired up and drove 20 miles to a very good tire shop. they found a stem leak,pulled the sender and showed me some "dirt"contamination at the seal. they cleaned it ,put back and it never reoccured.end. coincidence??

oh, no charge!!they like building their reputation of good work/good will!!