PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low-Beam/Dealer problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Default Low-Beam/Dealer problems

I purchased my '07 H3 last month from Sutliff Hummer in Mechanicsburg, Pa. After signing all the paperwork, I took off on my 2 hour ride home, happy as heck with my new purchase.

It started getting late and I noticed that I didn't have any low beam lights or fog lights. I called my salesman and he told me to contact the service manager in the morning. Still, I had close to a 40 mile drive with nothing but High Beams, blinding the other motorists on my way home.

The next morning, I made phone calls to "Chuck" at Sutliff Hummer. He was not available and I left messages for him to return my calls. Chuck never returned a call. Due to my work schedule, I didn't have to opportunity to drive back to Mechanicsburg to have the situation resolved for another week.

One week later, I drove back to Mechanicsburg to get the lighting problem fixed. I work out of town for a week straight and only have a day and a half off each week. Upon arrival, I was given a ton of attitude by Chuck. He did not seem to really care that I had gone out of my way to fix a problem that was their oversight. How can a car come off the lot with a valid Pennsylvania inspection sticker on it and not have the headlights working? I arrived about 8:00 am and it was close to 2:00 pm when the mechanic told me they didn't know where the problem was and how to fix it.

I ended up leaving to come home again...with no headlights. I emailed the sales manager explaining my poor treatment. Soon after I sent the email, I was contacted by Ted Hoffman, sales manager for Sutliff Hummer. Ted promised me that he would make thing right and the they would drive to my home with a loaner on my next day off, take my H3 back to Mechanicsburg and make sure things were taken care of. I left it at that and took his word.

A week later, I ended up breaking my tailbone and foot and was going to be off work for a couple of weeks. I emailed Ted Hoffman explaining that I would be in contact with him as soon as I could to resolve this issue. Another week had passed with no response. I decided to call Mr. Hoffman and (surprise) he wasn't in to take my call. I emailed him and asked him to call me as soon as he could, hoping to get the issue settled. I know this is going to be a big surprise, but Mr. Hoffman has not called me back.

I am just curious if there are any others out here having trouble with service from Sutliff Hummer?

Old 09-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Default RE: Low-Beam/Dealer problems

Are there any other dealers close to you? I would try to take it to another dealer or contact Hummer directly. Also you can push the Onstar button and see what they have to say. Have someone tow your vehicle to the repair shop at there expense and if you get a ticket for driving without headlights on make sure they pay it.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Default RE: Low-Beam/Dealer problems

Try Scott Hummer in Allentown. Talk to Devin -610-439-0700 EXT-115. My service has been outstanding.