PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Love Bug! Beware!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Default Love Bug! Beware!

If you are driving in Texas beware of the Love Bug! Every year around this time Texas has a bug that mates and rides each other. They swarm around and the picture shows about 15 min. on the highway! If you don't clean them off, they will stay forever glued to the front of the vehicle.

[IMG]local://upfiles/661/F42431A3782D4CFFA3AF02717E83DFE7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Love Bug! Beware!

Holy you know what. That's disgusting and amusing at the same time.

How do you get that goop off? Pressure washer?

Old 04-30-2008, 09:34 AM

we have them here in Florida to. They are disgusting things. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug

Old 04-30-2008, 11:38 AM

I didn't know you had those insidious demons from hell in Texas too. In a sadistic kind of way I'm glad, Florida residents shouldn't have to be the only ones who suffer with them twice a year.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:28 PM

Crank, Like people here have said its horrible here in Florida too, I posted this once already, but the best thing to take those off your rig is using a Fabric softner dry sheet. Get it wet with water and just wipe it down. Good luck.

-Darrin

Old 04-30-2008, 12:28 PM

These things are all over the south. I had a friend thatwould spray cooking spray on his car once a week and the bugs come right off. I on the other hand never felt comfortable enough to do that. I just use an cleaner/degreaser that is safe for painted surfaces and let it soak for a few mins and then scrub with my a microfiber rag or a soft bristle brush.

These things suck thats for sure. My dad drives a Prevost Motor Coach all over the country and this time a year his bus looks like hell. After a day of driving, he immediately washed these little bastards off, because they will damage your paint if left on the car. Crank you think your front looks bad, try them on the front of a large bus.

Here is another link about the little bastards.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/BODY_MG068

Old 04-30-2008, 01:11 PM

At least you guys only have them attack your trucks! Up in Maine, we get what are called Black flies.....they are tiny little creatures.....so small it's hard to kill them, and they are also known as vampire flies. They like to swarm around you and then get onto your skin and suck the blood right out of you....kinda like a mosquito. BUT the bite hurts a lot worse and swells up really big and lasts for about two weeks........they are awful. It's almost time for them to show to....in about another two weeks...ICK!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:21 PM

We get that in Utah as well and its a total pain to clean off. We just use goo b gone to get the crap off but its definately miserable to clean

Old 04-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like you killed a lot of love on that trip. What a nightmare.

Old 04-30-2008, 02:09 PM

ha ha i dont miss them at all!!! good luck with that this year guys!

Quick Reply: Love Bug! Beware!