PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking at getting a used H2

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Default Looking at getting a used H2

Hey everyone, just came across this forum. Great information!! I've been thinking about getting a used H2 for a while now. I've got a few questions regarding the H2 and pricing.

First, I do a decent amount of towing. I tow a 6x12 single axle enclosed trailer, it's probably around 3000-3500 pounds. How is the rear suspension on the H2 for towing? I currently drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and my major problem is the weak suspension. I have a weight distribution hitch and it is just not enough. Also, most of the H2s I've been looking at have the spare on the back. How do you tow with that thing on there?

My next question is pricing. What should I be looking to pay for the following? I want a black H2, 2003 or newer, under 50k miles, would like the chrome appearance and chrome wheels, tow package (not sure if it even comes without it, lol). Things that are NOT important to me are navigation, where the spare is positioned, or that third row seat. What should I be looking to pay for this? I found this locally, but it's more than I want to spend. The dealer won't really budge on price, either: http://www.weilcadillachummer.com/in...GN23U15H123677.

Thanks in advance for the help. I'll hopefully be a first time Hummer owner soon!

Old 12-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Default RE: Looking at getting a used H2

well as far as towing with this vehicle, it tows fine. my truck has the rear air ride. It doesnt matter what you put behind it it will level itself. if it doesnt have the air ride im not sure but i bet it will be fine with your 6X12. You will need a drop down ball mount. if you have the spare on the rear you will need a drop ball mount like the alumastinger. also if your trailer has electric brakes the hummer is pre wired for this. As far as the price thing, it just depends on the year and how well the person took care of it. Mine had 75K miles was in really good shape. I haggled with the car lot for a while and walked away with it for 16,500. So just look around and you will find one.