PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Little help please- Transmission fluid in coolant

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:10 PM

I'm more than disgusted with GM and Hummer due to this reason.

I've owned GM vehicles for almost 12 years now. Most recent vehicle in addition to the H3 I won is a Chevy Avalanche. I've had the Avalanche in the shop for service twice in 5 years, once for a warranty recal correction and the other for normal wear and tear on vehicle.
I've owned the H3 (2007) since July 12th of 2007 and it ahs a rap sheet of repairs longer than Jeffery Daumer!
First off I must mention I have put 97k miles on teh vehicle in two years but all but 15k were long drive highway miles. Vehicle has been properly maintained and taken care of. Of the six times the vehicle has been to the service department 4 of the repairs have been for major issues. Most recent was teh same issue mentioned in the begining of thsi thread.
Regardless of teh amount of miles there is no justifiable reason or explenation as to why any vehicle 2 years old should ever have this many issues. Unfortunately I am screwed and now the $6k it will cost me to fix the stupid thing is worth almost half of what I owe on it.

VERY MAD!
VERY DISGUSTED WITH GM AND QUALITY OF HUMMER!!

MD

Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 PM

well i am starting to get the same feeling about GM and the quality of the hummer ! I picked up the hummer about 3 weeks ago, always being a ford person, but wanted a hummer. the hummer was a one owner and super clean and well taken care of.

Well this last week the transmission started acting funny. like it was slipping and shifting hard, i pulled my pan, the fluid was milky and foamy like it had water in it....well i had it flushed out and new fluid put in it at the dealership. the engine light is on saying that my TCC solenoid is bad and that my shift solenoid a is bad also.
Well tonite i was driving and the heat started blowing cold, the hummer started overheating. Finally after making it home with it, i got out and looked and the fluid was pouring out of the top around the radiator cap.

So i dont know what is going on with it ?? any ideals

Old 10-15-2009, 05:24 AM

Sounds just like mine when the transmission cooler went. Surprises me the dealership didn't spot it though. Interesting. Hope you are still under warranty.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:48 AM

yep i just talked to the hummer dealer and thats the problem.....and its NOT UNDER WARRENTY, so i dont know what to do.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:21 PM

You all feel like me. 5k miles over the warranty and the tranny went bad. Hummer looked at it said something failed and no we will not cover it. I said its funny that 5k miles over warranty and you cant do anything.... Needless to say i told everyone i will get another H3 after this one. But my mind has now changed I love the thing to death but dropping 3k after 5k miles i think is pretty sad...

Then a week later they sent me a letter that i can trade it in and get $19k for it and an additional 10k off any brand new H2 or H3. Told them sorry im not a GM customer any more.