PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LIFTING

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Default LIFTING

Ive really been thinking about lifting my h2.. Im thinking like a 6" or a 9" suspension lift. I tried searching some members and old threads, I cant really find anyone on here who has one...Is there anybody out there? Wanna know what you used and how you like it.
[sm=feedback.gif]
thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: LIFTING

Alright you H2 people with lift kits and suspension mods, I know you are out there, SPILL YOU GUTS!!!!!!

Just tryin to help bro.

Anybody done Fabtech?? http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/ap...6hummerh2.html Pricey whew http://www.car-stuff.com/mmparts/hum...nsion_kit.html??

Old 09-14-2007, 01:57 PM

thanks doc, I have looked at there website. I thinkI want to go with that kit, but i would like to talk with some peeps first about what they got and what there using. If not i guess I will be the first and I will do a whole build up thread on it for the next guy. But come on [sm=wakeup.gif]people.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:48 PM

why do you want to lift it? i've noticed that the lifted H2s get hung up more on some of the bigger rocks because of the extra mounting brackets hanging below the frame. of course, that could also be the driver's fault too. i haven't found a need for a lift yet, but fabtech makes some quality products and most of the folks i know with lifts have those. good luck, lets see pics when you decide which route to go.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:17 AM

I just got mine lifted about a month ago and I have not had any problems with getting hung up. There the Torsion bar bracket in the middle of the frame that could be a problem but I am going to have a custom skid plate built over it. It is a very quality kit and the install takes about 8 hours if the shop has done it before. I would research the shop you are taking it to and make sure they have done a few before you let them touch yours. There is some cutting of the frame and rewelding to make the brackets fit and to drop the front differential. I found the kit at almost cost on www.trailduty.com . The local shop where i had it done beat that price and gave it to me for $50 over cost and $700 in labor.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:52 AM

Thanks for that website, what size lift did you go with? andI notice a little bit of camber in your last pic is that normal?

thanks eric

Old 09-16-2007, 10:44 AM

I went with the 6 inch lift. As for the camber when they had the truck on the alignment machine the power went out and I had to have the truck to go to work the next day so they aligned it the best that they could manually. It is normal now.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:36 PM

what size tires are one there drain?

Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Is there a way you can just do 2inches of lift? I dont need or want 4 to 6. I think 2 would be great. I do have the air suspension.
Could Adjusting Torsion Bars and mabe using spacers with the air bags be a solution?
Sorry Dont mean to hi-jack the thread thought this might be usefully for you as well.

Eric

Old 10-12-2007, 03:23 PM

nobody i know of makes a 2" suspension lift, only 4" or higher. one of our club members made some custom "pucks" that he put under the airbags, got 1 ton T-bars and the offset keys and got an extra 1.5" over stock. then he sold the truck, so i don't have a way to get pics to share witcha. a body lift kit would be nice, about 1 or 1.5", but none out there that i know of.

Quick Reply: LIFTING