PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift options for solid 35" clearance. Opinions plz.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 02:10 PM

I think TrueFlow only made an intake for the 5.3. But I don't know what's so special about them - some people seemed to rave about them on the Dodge forum but there was nothing special about them at all. Actually, I think they looked pretty ridiculous.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:39 PM

Not worried about labor, got nothin but time.

Yeaa, I like to look good as well as be trail worthy at the same time, so I'm goin with chrome wheels. Wider tire's never hurt to put them smaller fender flares on, not gonna put on splash guards though. They'd be trashed for sure.

And ya, I like my underbody protection so I plan on going crazy with skids, I heard about Defelice from the trailhugger project I believe and tried to find info about him and/or a website but it seems his website went down. So I duno. Guess I'll have to huntem down a bit.

Them trueflow's really are a great filter design. I've been usin similar types on my atv's for years now. In real dusty or sandy conditions you just can't beat'em. The power and protection is alot better than K&N. Guess I'll just have to find a 5.3l model for somethin else and make my own tube and/or box.

Old 01-26-2010, 05:46 PM

google Defelice he's got a myspace page and a phone listing on yellowpages if memory serves correct... hate to sound like a broken record but look into an airdoc... it keeps the factory box so it keeps everything contained wheelin wise