PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lift options for solid 35" clearance. Opinions plz.

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Default Lift options for solid 35" clearance. Opinions plz.

Hey there fellow hummer'ers,

I have an 08 hummer alpha and am looking to put the ol 35's on it. However, I don't want to buy either the rancho or tuff country 4" kits. So here is what I have come up with for my solution I think. But, I would like some opinions on this please.

Trail Duty Hummer H3 Low Profile Rear Shock Mounts = $280
Bilstein h3 lvling shocks and rear shocks = $360
suspension maxx maxxcamjr lvling kit = $280
tuff country rear 2" add-a-leaf = $80

Comes down to $1,000 total and should give me a solid 3" lift front/rear which will clear 35's fine.
As well as, the bonus to the flush rear end shock plates for ground clearance from the TD lowpro shock mounts. And the good bilstein shock kits that give an extra 1" of travel should give better performance on and off road.

I am also considering getting the 1" daystar body lift just to make sure I don't have any tire scrub.

All in all seems like the perfect setup in my opinion.
What do you guys think?

Last edited by TonyB; 01-19-2010 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:28 PM

Actually they will fit without any lift however all you need is a socket to adjust the torsion bars to level/raise the front end. then get an alignment and your done. if your shocks are worn go with the bilsteins otherwise wait until you need shocks like i'm doing.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:58 PM

you can also buy ReadyLift Torsion Keys... I bought mine and got them installed for under $300
________
Bubbler Pipe

Last edited by Dirtman2009; 03-10-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 AM

TonyB how much offroading do you plan on doing? The reason I ask, it was already hit upon, you can add the 35s w/o doing much, extend the torsion bars, however I would recommend the longer shocks for less nose dive and the bump stops to absorb any extra weight, i.e. HD brush guard or winch setup that you may run up front.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:36 PM

No Torsion Keys needed! Like Mark said you can adjust the torsion bars super easy! I added the Bilstein Cognitos h3 leveling shocks. Installing the shocks was more difficult than raising the front end height. Spend the $$ on the shocks not the torsion keys.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:47 PM

Does anyone search anymore?

Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 PM

the search engine is currently broken

Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Default I have 35's without any lift

I put 315/75/16 bf goodrich TA KO's on today. No lift, no torsion adjustment, completely stock. No rubbing. I posted pictures on my profile

Attached Thumbnails Lift options for solid 35" clearance. Opinions plz.-newtires3.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 04:17 AM

Roger that fellas. Thanks for the advice. I'm just gonna go with the TD lowpro rear shock mounts and the bilstein front lvling kit shocks/bumpstops then and spend some money elsewhere on rockers and fabbing some skid plates for now.

Hey any of you guys have any comparisons between the E&G fender-flares/guards vs the bushwacker? I hear the E&G is real tough and OEM like and I believe the bushwacker's are dura-flex which I know is pretty good stuff as well.

Also, I was really wantin to get a trueflow xdi intake but now that trueflow has closed down (very sad) not sure I can findem. Anyone be able to find the xdi for the 5.3 I'd definately appreciate it! Otherwise I'ma go with volant as I think that's really the only other best option.

And finally, what do you guys think or know about these rockers? http://fabrication.mavericksworld.com
I really like these suckers from the looks and the way they tuck up in real nice.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 AM

TonyB those rock sliders are pretty labor intensive and require alot of work compared to the OEM ones and the rocky road sliders... but the price is pretty competitive. Why are you thinking of fender flares? Are you gonna be running aftermarket wheels? If it's just a show thing than go with the E&Gs they look better than the bushwackers out there, if you are truly looking for performance, than I would tell you not to bother with the fender flares they just end up trail debris at some point and are not as effective as you might think...

Have you looked into the airdoc intakes? Im not familiar with the trueflow and what made it better than anything else... are you sure they made an intake for the H3s? If you wanna go crazy with skids look at the Defelice offroad innovations ones...

Quick Reply: Lift options for solid 35" clearance. Opinions plz.