PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling kit question-and yes, I read the FAQ first :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Default RE: Leveling kit question-and yes, I read the FAQ first :)

Ditto to what Doc says - skip the leveling kit and go with the extended shocks, not just shock extenders. I went with the Cognitos and they made a huge difference in the ride quality.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:52 PM

Ok I have the Truxx! One thing I learned is if you use the leveling kit it lets you keep the degree of alinement for the front so you can adjust all angles and not max out in any direction, Is this right? and that is why you want to reindex!

Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: saywhat

Ok I have the Truxx! One thing I learned is if you use the leveling kit it lets you keep the degree of alinement for the front so you can adjust all angles and not max out in any direction, Is this right? and that is why you want to reindex!
Sorry brud. NO, the key don't do chit to maintain allagnment.
Read GarrettMoores post, sums it up pretty darn well. To lift the fron the torsion bars need to be twisted. If you lift the front say 2.5" with the stock key, or do it with a leveling kit Key, the torsion bar is in the exact same position. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS the T bar adjusting bolt is not screwed as far thru the leveling kit Key as it is thru the stock key. So if you think you need a coulpe extra threads of the T bar adjusting bolt sticking out the bottom, waste your $$ on one of the kits. Now, there is a benefit to a shock extender that comes with those kits, but rather than buy a kit to get a 1.5 - 2" extender, buy a longer travel good quality shock. Example: OEM shocks extended length/compressed length/travel....... 15.0" 11.25" 3.75"-vs- Cognitos......18.42" 11.77" 6.65" Not only will you get basically 3" more travel, you get ride quality improvement = no brainer!!!!

Holy freekin buffalo terds, you'd a thunk this was rocket science. It is way simpler than most everybody with this type of question thinks.

Hereare T bar Keys
Name:  TBAK-8.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  26.8 KB
^^^^^the bolt gos thru this end.

The keys are in the frame rail below where your front seats are. The front suspension geometry and allaignment is in the front suspension at the A arms............get the picture???? What is under your ****, no matter what the shape or configuration, cannotmanipulate the A arm allaignment points (where the upper A arm connects to the frame pivot points) ofthe suspension in front of your feet.
For those that didn't get the picture
Name:  H3Frontsusp.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  81.8 KB

Note the upper A arm where it connects to the pivots of the frame up near the top of the shock tower. That is where allaignment is adjusted and travel is fixed.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:40 AM

i have been argueing about the keys being a waste of money for almost two years now....it's getting old. At least Doc can take over for awhile. The ONLY time a t-bar key lift is worth while is if your t-bars reach their max height adj. with the stock keys and your still not leveled....but if that's the case then you should look into buying new t-bars cause the ones you have has lost their spring rate causing the truck to sag...new keys will just be a band aid to the bigger problem.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you IK, this gets to be minutely aggrivating after a while. [&o] Please note: this is an H3 forum thread. H2 is a different animal and this info is H3 specific.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:53 AM

blah blah blah . . . . . . .

poop . . . . . . .

Old 12-13-2007, 10:27 AM

shorty's got the poops again....might be time for some adult diapers, I'm sure Doc can lend you a few

Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 AM

simply expressing my opinion of the topic - again - and again - and again - and yet again. ingorance and bliss are not all they're made out to be . . . . . . . . .

Old 12-13-2007, 10:31 AM

and doc can keep his diapers, my walker doesn't get stuck in the doorway on the way to the john . . . . . . . . .

Old 12-13-2007, 10:34 AM

I deleted this because I posted in the wrong thread....so who keeps bringing it back??!?!?!

Quick Reply: Leveling kit question-and yes, I read the FAQ first :)