PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 'leans"

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 10:12 PM

It will be interesting to see if you can find a solution to the service air susp on the display. I haven't been able to find anything that works on mine either. If it was me, I would have just got 2 new bags that were the same size. I wish I could have the bags back in mine. Bought it with the lift and coil conversion already on it...would be great to actually utilize the air suspension for getting things in the back of it. It is quite high haha.

I am not going to mess with trying to get a 7" lift to work with bags though. Wish I could get it off the dash, its been that way since I bought it in '12. I just live with it.

Steve

Old 10-26-2015, 11:27 AM

I just moved to the mountains in NM, and the air suspension can't cope with the grades I'm on. When it can't level the truck, the computer throws in the towel and gives me the advisory. It will reset if I shut off the truck on a nearly level surface, but there's not much that's level where I'm at. Would have preferred to keep it but it was just a matter of time before something broke in the system. Compressor and all other components are pretty corroded from salted roads, just don't want to risk it. I did keep the compressor for airing stuff up.

Some have had luck disconnecting the battery and not having the advisory come back on, but I also changed the alternator while I had it in the barn for the coils. Battery was disconnected for half a day, but I still get the advisory. Since the sensors are still there I think it keeps telling the system to level the thing, and when it doesn't I get the message. I will fool with it when I get home, later tomorrow. Let y'all know what I find out.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:38 AM

the only thing that i can think of that would help it would be to make the level arm stay level all the time. however, i am not sure where that actually is? i would gladly cut the rubber tabs or the arms that control it to have it not move any more and trigger it.

would you happen to have a picture of where the arms are when it is sitting "level"?

steve

Old 10-26-2015, 07:13 PM

I'll try to get you one tomorrow when I get home. It's in the long-term lot at the El Paso Airport right now.

Old 10-26-2015, 07:18 PM

Cool thanks! I think that may be the only option that we have left to get it to work properly. I'm most certainly ready to try something to see if it will work.

Steve

Old 10-27-2015, 06:18 PM

Name:  IMG_4681_zpszd6ewavy.jpg
Views: 642
Size:  239.1 KB
This is the level sensor, the connecting rod just pulls loose over the nipple on the arm.
Name:  IMG_4682_zpsorxhdxwd.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  317.4 KB
This is my driveway.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the pics, I have tried to pop mine off before with no success but will have to try again. Do you think that if the arm is level with the ground it is level? Mine is jacked like the rear end would be squatting I think. I'll have to go check it, that is if it is level when the arm is level.

Steve

Old 10-27-2015, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by honda400ex2003
Thanks for the pics, I have tried to pop mine off before with no success but will have to try again. Do you think that if the arm is level with the ground it is level? Mine is jacked like the rear end would be squatting I think. I'll have to go check it, that is if it is level when the arm is level.

Steve
That's what I figure. If it thinks the truck is continuously level it shouldn't do anything. I went up the mountain and back down and didn't get the message, so I'm hopeful.

To pop the rod off, I put my thinnest common screwdriver between the nipple and the rod end and it came off fairly readily. I held the arm to keep it from bending/breaking in case I want to reinstall the system one day.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:57 PM

Thanks for the info. Hopefully we will be good to go. I will get mine off regardless if it seems to help. Mine won't be going back on any time soon.

Thanks again,
Steve

Old 10-30-2015, 06:57 PM

Still getting the message, so back to square one. Or just live with it.

Quick Reply: The 'leans"