PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ladder question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Useless functionally, not aesthetically

To quote yourself: "go for what YOU like"
I agree 100%, my point was more the price of them. I do like them "aesthetically", just not the price. If it were lower, I'd have a set.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 AM

Definitely put some pics up when you get it installed! I have a Garvin wilderness rack and I'd like to add a ladder to mine someday!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
I agree with the others, go for what YOU like. You will never be able to impress everyone so don't bother trying.

Seems like a good deal considering others spend more than that on useless hood handles LOL. Still can't get over the price of those damn things.
Ahhhh, I digress while jacking this thread.

Hood handles do have an important function, but without a winch, and without having become HOPE certified which includes training/demonstration on winching safety through an event at the AM General Off-Road Course, you may not be aware of what they are for?

Their function: you place the winch control cord through or around the handle (for example) on the driver side so the driver can control the winch while applying throttle and keep the winch control cord from getting caught by the front wheel(s).

Are they a must have? No, but they do have a function.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 01-11-2012 at 02:30 PM. Reason: unclear WTH I was talkin bout Willis
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM

That explains why they are so expensive. I had no idea, thanks for the clarification guys. I better start saving. Damn, you learn something new here everyday.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Banned

heir function: you place the winch cable through or around the handle (for example) on the driver side so the driver can control the winch while applying throttle and keep the winch cable from getting caught by the front wheel(s).
ill bet im not alone in needing a picture of THAT operation!!

if i am id still like to see just what u mean

Old 01-11-2012, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Their function: you place the winch cable through or around the handle (for example) on the driver side so the driver can control the winch while applying throttle and keep the winch cable from getting caught by the front wheel(s).

Are they a must have? No, but they do have a function.
I just use my BA bumpers Brush Guard for that purpose, no stinkin' handles for me!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Default $$$

I thought the price was pretty good for the ladder at 209.00 shipped, considering they want close to 200.00 for a cover for the gas cap. I just can't see 1500.00 for a gobi rack compared to the price of a kargo rack like I put on. I just throw crab traps and nets and any other gear that I don't want mess up the inside with.

Doc--the t-shirt is great thank you, the air intake is also very nice. I would definitely recc. the air intake before a ladder. Ladder=useless, AirDoc= totally not useless

Last edited by nijoma; 01-11-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

I'm goin back for an edit, that didn't come out just right.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by nijoma
I thought the price was pretty good for the ladder at 209.00 shipped, considering they want close to 200.00 for a cover for the gas cap. I just can't see 1500.00 for a gobi rack compared to the price of a kargo rack like I put on. I just throw crab traps and nets and any other gear that I don't want mess up the inside with.

Doc--the t-shirt is great thank you, the air intake is also very nice. I would definitely recc. the air intake before a ladder. Ladder=useless, AirDoc= totally not useless
WOOT! Good job on the ladder.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Default ?

Doc did you actually misread and think for a second I was saying something negative about the Intake?

Quick Reply: Ladder question