PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ladder question

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Default Ladder question

I have a kargo master roof rack and I use it quite often. My question is do you think a Gobi ladder would look stupid if it was used with my existing rack? I was looking at the ladder that keeps the spare on the door. Two different brands but both are black. What do you think.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:43 PM

i looked at the kargo roof rack and the gobi ladder would look fine. only thing one would notice is that the gobi ladder has 'GOBI' punched thru the steel at the top and would know the rack isnt gobi, but then again, how many people would know that and shake their heads? i say go for it....
if you do the ladder, you will want to put some felt or weatherstriping along the edges that touch the paint on the truck, esp. at the base and the clamp at the top. if you dont, youll get rubbing on the paint as i have gotten.... hope this helps

Old 01-10-2012, 03:34 PM

I have a custom 1-off safari rack and I wouldn't think twice about it! I plan on getting a Gobi ladder some day also. It's your rig put what you want on it. Some may snicker but others will look at it and say "that's kool".

Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 PM

if it works for you, who gives a f%^& what others think? trust me, only H3 owners who offraod may have any idea. and how many of those do you run across every day?

Old 01-10-2012, 08:14 PM

I agree with everyone else! Who cares what anyone thinks! If you like it go for it! Some people crack on my ladders others love them...bottom line I don't care...all that matters is I like them!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:02 PM

Probably the wrong choice of vehicle if you care what people think. You need a ladder to get up to the rack and make loading easier, gobi makes one, simple. If someone is pointing the finger and laughing at you, point a different finger right back and laugh too.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Default Thanks for the input

I ordered a ladder directly from Gobi. It was 209.00 shipped which I thought was a good deal. I will post some pics when I install it.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

No you can't borrow my ladder, the last guy left it leaning against his house for a week before he brought it back!

Oh, different question.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:44 AM

I agree with the others, go for what YOU like. You will never be able to impress everyone so don't bother trying.

Seems like a good deal considering others spend more than that on useless hood handles LOL. Still can't get over the price of those damn things.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
I agree with the others, go for what YOU like.

Seems like a good deal considering others spend more than that on useless hood handles LOL. Still can't get over the price of those damn things.

Useless functionally, not aesthetically

To quote yourself: "go for what YOU like"

Quick Reply: Ladder question