PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Fob quit working?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Default Key Fob quit working?

Appreciate any suggestions, It started slowly like the battery was getting weak before it completely quit. I got my spare one out of the cabinet and it also didn't work. Went and got two new batteries and changed them out last night and neither still work. This morning I walked out and hit open and it did! went up town came back in an hour, got out and hit lock and nothing. Now it won't unlock again. Neither will do anything again. Any Idea what's up with that?

Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM

Do you notice when you get in that your security lock is lit on your dash? (red open lock looking icon, bottom left or bottom right corner of the gauge cluster)

When you use the key and open the door (without hitting the fob) does the horn go off if you don't put the key in the ignition? (not rite away but after 15/30 seconds or so.)

Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM

The very first time I put the key in the door and opened it the horn did give a little beep but hasn't since. No I have not seen the little lock light up yet other than when you first put the key in the ignition and start toward the start position. It lights up with every other light on the cluster and then goes out just like the rest. What is all this telling me? Or better yet what is all this telling you?

Old 03-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Banned
Default a guess

your system might have lost its mind. new remotes MUST be programmed by a dealer. it teaches your hummer the codes. maybe yours lost them???

might need reprogram. i would call a dealer, ask...

tom
btw DO NOT believe the advertizer here who says they send program inst with new ones. the instructions DO NOT WORK,,,ITS A LIE. thats the liers "keyless remotes",,,just bs and lies.

am i angry ?...yes, i got screwed by them.

sorry for rant,,ill get over it ,,,in time.

tom

not today ,,im still pissed

Old 03-16-2010, 06:23 PM

When the security light comes on the way your describing its acting normal so my guess would be you just simply need it reprogrammed. Bring both fobs to the dealer just in case they need to replace them but chances are its on the other end and not your key fobs themselves.

When I was asking them questions I was trying to see if your security system was tripping on. This happens quite often and is typically the door ajar buttons you see on the door sill when you open your doors. If one gets damaged then all kinds of weird stuff happens. Dome lights stay on, radio won't turn off and so on. It don't always say door ajar on the screen so you may not know what to look for. Its a common issue.

If the dealer gives you any hassle just tell them they can start making the payments if they don't want to fix something that shouldn't break.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:39 PM

"If the dealer gives you any hassle just tell them they can start making the payments if they don't want to fix something that shouldn't break."

I wish, mine has been paid off over a year and ran out of warranty about three months ago! Just about right. I did the re-sets in the owners manual on 3-43, 3-44 and all that worked like it said but they still won't work. One of them will set off the panic alarm thought. Hit the red button and the horn takes off but not on the other one. Other than that, nothing else works. I think your right, headed to the dealer first chance I get. Thanks guys...I let you know what I find out....

Old 03-17-2010, 01:03 AM

I had a weird one the other day. Have had the car a few months, no problems with locking.

The other evening I went to get in my car, blipped the remote and nothing happened. Got right up to the car - nothing. Was weird because the battery didn't seem like it was going, it worked from 20 metres away previously - I'd have thought the distance shrank as the charge did. I tried locking/unlocking but nothing got any reaction from the Hummer.

So I opened the door with the key which I knew would set off the alarm, but put key straight in ignition to stop that, and drove home fine.

Locked it with the remote no problem and its been working fine for the past few days. Just a glitch I guess.

I wondered whether something was interfering with the signal where I was parked the other night? I've seen stories before of dead zones where remotes don't work.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 AM
Banned
Default interference?

it would be interesting to know if you go back to that spot if the same thing happened
tom

Old 03-17-2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
btw DO NOT believe the advertizer here who says they send program inst with new ones. the instructions DO NOT WORK,,,ITS A LIE. thats the liers "keyless remotes",,,just bs and lies.

am i angry ?...yes, i got screwed by them.

sorry for rant,,ill get over it ,,,in time.

tom

not today ,,im still pissed
I also had major issues with them too.
We are not alone. Check out the Arizona Better Business Bureau for the crappy rep that they have.
Got my remotes only after my credit card company got involved. The're lying bastards.

Last edited by Bunger; 03-17-2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
it would be interesting to know if you go back to that spot if the same thing happened
tom
I've parked in the same car park since within metres of my previous spot and no problem at all. I guess any dead spots could be quite localized? Or maybe it was just a freak glitch when the car locked?

Quick Reply: Key Fob quit working?