PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KC Slimlites

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 10:08 PM
Default RE: KC Slimlites

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

inked,

I've been thinking about putting the Rockrails http://www.rocky-road.com/H3rockrail.htmlon my Alpha to use as a step and protect the truck but I never thought about the stiffing aspect of it but then I don't do any rock climbing either. Actually I don't don't do anything yet, I've only got 800 miles on my H3.

That's the idea, light it up like the sun at night! [sm=smiley20.gif]I may in the future add a roof rack and put KC lites on it also. I like lots of light when I go down to my hunting camp.

What else have you done to your truck? How about some more pics?

Gar
Oooh yeah those rockrails come in handy and protect the frame. My friend who owns a lifted H2 had some custom ones made for him, he climbs some crazy s#!t!

I haven't done much:

[ul][*]Rancho 4" lift[*]1.5" Jeep shackles in rear - Rancho rear springs is a bit soft, after awhile or some off-roading your rear begins to sag and you tend to get the "nose-in-the-air" look, which to me looks retarded so it was either I had some custom springs fabricated or simply change my shackles...of course I took the cheaper route [*]Pro Comp Xtreme Rims 17x10[*]Currently running the Award Winning BFG M/T KM2's 37x12.50- l LOVE IT!! I had 36x13.50 Super Swampers Iroks, 35x12.50 Pro Comp Xtremes, and 35x12.50 M/T Wranglers. Counting the set I had when I bought the rig, the BFG's would be my 5th set [*]Black Aries Brush Guard[*]Black Aries Rear Light Guards[*]Black Side MarkerCovers[*]Black Billet Fuel Door[*]Black Step Bars (currently not using)[*]Aries Chrome Cross Roof Bars[*]Chrome lower grill overlay[*]KC Fog lights[*]1 1/2 inch Billet Wheel Spacers - this is to give it that "wide" look without the wide-*** tires. It also helps me to clear the control arms...Rancho originally had rim specs from 17" and up...for wheeling 17's is probably the best to use this is why I got 17's. However when we mounted the rim we notice it cleared the upper control arm by less than an inch, I would say it was about a 1/2 inch clearance!! I was like WTF!!! by this time it was too late, I already ordered the rims so I had no choice but to throw on some wheel spacers. Note: most places like 4WP will not recommend them and refuse to install them. But I've wheeled with some crazy dudes that runs spacers and never once anything happened - but this is just my personal experience.[*]Custom Leather Interior all black[/ul]

Old 01-30-2008, 09:48 AM

Inked, i'm jelous! Great looking ride man, thanks for all the info. I've got some new 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers on the way, as well as 20" motometal 957s. There's also a total of 6 lights coming - 4 for the light bar (contracting hilljobs help on that) and 2 for the brushguard. My stocker is going to be looking good very soon!! :-)

Old 01-30-2008, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Ripskip

Inked, i'm jelous! Great looking ride man, thanks for all the info. I've got some new 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers on the way, as well as 20" motometal 957s. There's also a total of 6 lights coming - 4 for the light bar (contracting hilljobs help on that) and 2 for the brushguard. My stocker is going to be looking good very soon!! :-)
Nitto Grapplers - AWESOME TIRE!! Here's my friend's H2 with a set - those things rock!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:48 PM

Those look killer! I ordered the Terra Grappler (All terrian) instead of the mud grappler simply because I will still put a fair amount of road miles on my truck. Plus, I heard they are incredibly loud. I will post pictures up in the next couple of weeks for you guys when it's all done!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Default Sorry to dig up an old thread

Okay, they say there are no dumb questions...
I am a do it yourselfer, pretty handy. My questoins is how are the wires to the lights mounted on the brush guards being run?
I don't want to be able to see or even hint of seeing the wiring, so what is the correct or best way to run wiring into the brushguard.
Also, the roof lights on inked H3 on here look sweet - are those OEM or ? Also do they automatically open the visor or do the covers have to be manually removed?
Thanks!!!

Last edited by l8ter; 06-26-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:22 AM

Alphadog,
i was thinking about getting those front grille offroad lights. I cant see a thing in the desert at night and was looking for something to brighten things up. a guy I met advised me that the roof lights become innefective when the windshield gets dirty due to glare.

do you know if the front grill lights are "fog lights" or "driving Lights"?
hard to get non hummer after market parts here as all the shop staff dont speak english and generally dont have a clue what they are selling when it gets any more techincal than "do you have lights"