PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KC Slimlites

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:53 PM
Default KC Slimlites

Anyone have the KC slimlite driving lights on their H3? I've got a set on the way...now I just need to pick up a brushguard. Anyone selling a factory Black brushguard?

http://www.kchilites.com/store/Black...4-P268C48.aspx

Old 01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Default RE: KC Slimlites

May Imake a little suggestion, make friends with the parts manager at your dealer. I’ll tell you how I got the brush guard for my truck. The day I picked up my H3 Alpha I made friends with the parts manager and he offered me a “take off” brush guard meaning one that had been on a new Hummer but the buyer did not want it so they removed it but could not sell it as new. So instead of paying $450 for it I picked it up for $200 and there was absolutely nothing wrong with it! Try it they may have some “take off” parts for sale.
BTW, I also bought the Front Mounted Off Road Grill Lamps that werethe displaymodel for real cheap and I thought I could install them but that won't happen and the dealer wants 2 hours labor to install them so I think I might return them.

Gar

Old 01-23-2008, 07:27 PM

You will like 'em. Just use a small socket to tighten up the side bolts instead of a stupid screw driver.

Can't get them tight enough to stay adjusted with a screw driver.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you give for your set shipped?

While looking for a second set I found these (way cheaper that what I paid 4WP for my first set):

http://www.pssautomotive.com/product...=39&page=1

Old 01-25-2008, 01:50 PM

Well, I happened to make a friend at KC Lites that helped me out on them...So they cost me way under retail.

I have 6 lights coming - 2 for the grille, and 4 long range for the Roof. Hilljob, I might need to contract your services for a sweet roof rack

I'll post pictures up in the next 3 weeks or so - Matte Black motometal wheels, 33" tires, and lights/brushguard should all be installed.

Old 01-25-2008, 04:26 PM

I got em' it was quite easy to install, just that damn fuse box was a beotch to get into! I got my brushguard from GSTYLE! coolest people on the planet those guys over there! Now that brush guard was a little difficult to put on but worth it!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:48 PM

Inked, You have one damn good looking truck I hope you know that. IMO if that was my truck I would get a body colored grille and remove the lower grille insert and call it done. Looks great tho

Old 01-25-2008, 04:54 PM

Thanks vilim12!! I can imagine how that would look, sounds awesome!!!

The only thing is, I'm trying to save money for a beater that I can really beatup on the trails and I know some of you may hate me but I'm looking to get a CJ5 or CJ7 [:@]Sorry, I owned a CJ7 back in the day and I loved it! Nothing against my H3, but when I do get my beater the only dirt my H3 will see is when I tow the CJ7 into the trails - LOL!!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:17 PM

inked,
That is an outstanding ride! Those KC lites look great on that brush guard. Where did you buy the lites anyway? I just returned the "Front Mounted Off Road Grill Lamps" that I bought from the stealership and I am planning to buy those exact lights.Are they the KC Black/Driving Slimlite System #124? I think those are the same ones Ripskip bought. Where did you put the switch? I think I'm ordering them tomorrow from this place here: http://www.pssautomotive.com/product...=39&page=1

Do you plan to install the side step bars?

Gar

Old 01-25-2008, 07:47 PM

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

inked,
That is an outstanding ride! Those KC lites look great on that brush guard. Where did you buy the lites anyway? I just returned the "Front Mounted Off Road Grill Lamps" that I bought from the stealership and I am planning to buy those exact lights.Are they the KC Black/Driving Slimlite System #124? I think those are the same ones Ripskip bought. Where did you put the switch? I think I'm ordering them tomorrow from this place here: http://www.pssautomotive.com/product...=39&page=1

Do you plan to install the side step bars?

Gar

Thanks alphadogg!! I believe it's real similar - Black Fog SlimLites with stone guards Code: KCH-127 I got the fog lights for night time wheeling, with my roof lights I'm like the freakin sun at night - LOL!!

As for my side step bars, I have them but it's just sitting in my garage. I removed them because it gets in the way when wheeling and makes my flex a little stiff. My kids and wife got used to it already

Oh yeah, I mounted the switch on my left right below the parking brake.

Old 01-25-2008, 08:18 PM

inked,

I've been thinking about putting the Rockrails http://www.rocky-road.com/H3rockrail.htmlon my Alpha to use as a step and protect the truck but I never thought about the stiffing aspect of it but then I don't do any rock climbing either. Actually I don't don't do anything yet, I've only got 800 miles on my H3.

That's the idea, light it up like the sun at night! [sm=smiley20.gif]I may in the future add a roof rack and put KC lites on it also. I like lots of light when I go down to my hunting camp.

What else have you done to your truck? How about some more pics?

Gar

Quick Reply: KC Slimlites