PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

K&N HP

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Default RE: K&N HP

I have the 18.67 hp plus kit, it works really good, and it make a difference in the truck. One of the things I like the most is that it makes a really nice sound of a big monster truck, but, not it`s just the k&n filter. After 3000 rpm more or less the sound starts to go up, beneath those rpm you dont hear anything. Once I put my truck by adodge ramV8 engine, my little 5 in line engine sound way better and louder than the V8 engine on that dodge ram.
p.d. you can scare people with the noise at 6000 rpm

Old 06-19-2007, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: h3 bigboy

I have the 18.67 hp plus kit, it works really good, and it make a difference in the truck. One of the things I like the most is that it makes a really nice sound of a big monster truck, but, not it`s just the k&n filter. After 3000 rpm more or less the sound starts to go up, beneath those rpm you dont hear anything. Once I put my truck by adodge ramV8 engine, my little 5 in line engine sound way better and louder than the V8 engine on that dodge ram.
p.d. you can scare people with the noise at 6000 rpm
We like power but NOISE sucks!!

Old 06-20-2007, 05:35 PM

Well......... you could do what I did. Modified my K&N CAI to use the stock breather box but use a shortened K&N intake tube and lose the resonator box.

You get the benefits of the K&N system but still have the security of the sealed stock breather box with a big honking K&N filter inside.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

Well......... you could do what I did. Modified my K&N CAI to use the stock breather box but use a shortened K&N intake tube and lose the resonator box.

You get the benefits of the K&N system but still have the security of the sealed stock breather box with a big honking K&N filter inside.
WOW....Looks GREAT!!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 06:15 AM

ORIGINAL: HUMMER DRIVER

I'm impressed!! Can you give us more details and a pic of the inside of the box? Thanks. Hows the noise level?