PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

just got ladarvision today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 02:49 AM
Default just got ladarvision today!!!

after almost 20 years of being nearly blind (-.750 vision) i finaly got laser tonight. its probably the most amazing thing ive experienced (next to seeing my son be born). i walked in at 2:00 and by 6:00 i had nearly 20/20 vision which will improve over the next few days.

if anyone here has ever considered this, take it from me dont hesitate anymore. i paid around 3k and now i realise its worth every penny and i would pay 10k for it. beofre this without glasses or contacts i couldnt tell a persons face from 2 feet away and now i can read subtitles from te couch. its amazing i felt like crying when i opened my eyes and say my moms face from a distance.

truly an amazing experience. totaly painless the whole operation took not more the 5 min. and as if the gift of vision isnt good enough they give you a valuum and a script for strong pain killers (which i cant see a reason for) so you get to se the world through your own eyes finaly and be toasty for a few days legaly lol.

anyway just thought id share what i can only describe as a miracle with you guys/ girls/ ladies

Old 11-10-2006, 05:29 AM
Default RE: just got ladarvision today!!!

Good For You!!! Congrats!!!

Old 11-10-2006, 07:37 AM

Happy for ya! What a great life changing event!Name:  clap.gif
Views: 27
Size:  1.9 KB

Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 AM

I've been thinking about that for myself, but I'm kinda chicken when it comes to doing something like that.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats. That is so great. I have thought about it myself but I'm also chicken. I know that the success rate is very high, but knowing my luck I'd be one of those people who has permanent night blurred vision or something. My night vision is like an owl and I don't want that to change. Have you experienced any side effects? My vision isn't bad now and I wear one of those paper thin glasses/frames.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: HIGHBRED8

after almost 20 years of being nearly blind (-.750 vision) i finaly got laser tonight. its probably the most amazing thing ive experienced (next to seeing my son be born). i walked in at 2:00 and by 6:00 i had nearly 20/20 vision which will improve over the next few days.

if anyone here has ever considered this, take it from me dont hesitate anymore. i paid around 3k and now i realise its worth every penny and i would pay 10k for it. beofre this without glasses or contacts i couldnt tell a persons face from 2 feet away and now i can read subtitles from te couch. its amazing i felt like crying when i opened my eyes and say my moms face from a distance.

truly an amazing experience. totaly painless the whole operation took not more the 5 min. and as if the gift of vision isnt good enough they give you a valuum and a script for strong pain killers (which i cant see a reason for) so you get to se the world through your own eyes finaly and be toasty for a few days legaly lol.

anyway just thought id share what i can only describe as a miracle with you guys/ girls/ ladies
That's awesome!! Congrats may not be the right thing to say but happy for ya none the less. Must be a whole new .. in lack of better terms, view on life!

Old 11-10-2006, 02:41 PM

Fair Play!

Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 PM

absolutely the best investment i ever made. i had it back in '98, 20/1000 in my left eye and 20/800 in my right. couldn't see crap without my contacts. playing goalie and having a contact pop out makes for a high scoring hockey game(although most of my teammates said it never made much difference if i had them in or not). and there was no chance of finding it on the ice. my wife got to watch the surgery on a monitor outside the operating room, said it was pretty cool. really weird when the blade shaves off the top layer of your eye - everything goes black, then starts to come back like static on a tv screen. everytime the laser went off, the green light got more and more in focus. i could read license plates on the way home, way cool.

it's been 8 years, and i'm still 20/20 in my right eye, 20/40 in my left (scleral buckle sewed around it 6 months before lasik to reattach my retina)

well worth the cost - but i would stay away from those that advertise cheap lasik - your vision isn't something to go discount on.

Old 11-11-2006, 03:12 AM

congrats!! I want to get it done real bad but they won't do it because I'm Diabetic.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:57 PM

Same here brother

Quick Reply: just got ladarvision today!!!