PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPOD Interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Default IPOD Interface

Ok, I think I royaly f***ed up. My 2006 H2 SUV has the USA SPEC IPOD Interface. I decided to remove the interface to install in another vechicle. I disconnected the blue "XM Receiver" wire and the IPOD Cable. The remaining "Radio" cable was not that easy to remove. I had to access the back of the radio. I went ahead and removed the two hex screws in the front panel near the air vents. I was not able to completely remove the plactic cover becasue the bottom part where the cigarette lighter was in the way but the IPOD "Radio" cable was on top of the radio just below the air vent blower. I tried to pry the cable connector but was not able to. I decided to just cut the cable and when I did there was a spark (I had diconnected the battery but had reconnected). Tried to turn the radio but it did not. I checked the radio fuse that was blown so I replaced. After replacing the fuse I tried starting the vehicle but it wouldn't start. I gave the hummer a jump thinking maybe the battery discharged but this did not work. When I turn the key (prior to turning all the way) the there is a clicking noise then I turn all the way and tries to turnover shuts off then tries to turn on. Did I screw up the vehicle?

Old 12-21-2009, 04:31 PM

Thanks to this forum I learned how to take out the radio and propery unclip the ipod interface from the radio harness and the car starts now.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 PM

Good to hear! Sorry for the delayed response.