PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I need a roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Default I need a roof rack

Hey gang. Long time viewer...first time poster. I need a roof rack and I don't want to spend $1,500 for a Gobi...as B.A. as they are. I prefer a basket of some type.

It doesn't have to be perfect, but it needs to be a decent deal. Anyone have one they want to sell? I'm open to anything!

Attached Thumbnails I need a roof rack-photo-3-.jpg  
Old 12-11-2010, 08:11 AM

A few of us have these Rola baskets. The basic basket with the 18" extension added fits perfectly on an H3.

http://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Cargo-C...ola/59504.html

You would need cross rails to attach it to.

Name:  100_2306-2.jpg
Views: 3358
Size:  29.3 KB

Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM

i have a garvin wilderness basket. got it from adv4x4.com

Attached Thumbnails I need a roof rack-img_0669.jpg  
Old 12-11-2010, 04:06 PM

The Rola with extension is great for a rack you can install and remove by yourself as needed.
It's all welded and looks a great deal like some other branded racks to me.
You could make or use other mounts or use the OEM rails.
Just be sure to measure your garage opening. Mine fits with 285 tires or 315's in a standard 8 foot opening but even better I can have it loaded and get in my shop with a 10' door.
It is also strong and functional when you need it. The price is right, you might as well just get a new one. I have a sunroof and it will fit behind that.
I ran the Mojave Road with a 285 on OEM rim and all my camping gear for 10 days in a waterproof bag on mine.
I have hauled two 315's on beadlock rims up there for 600 miles.

Attached Thumbnails I need a roof rack-dah_8707sh_resize.jpg   I need a roof rack-dah_8342_resize.jpg  

Last edited by Hunner; 12-11-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Bunger
A few of us have these Rola baskets. The basic basket with the 18" extension added fits perfectly on an H3.

http://www.etrailer.com/Roof-Cargo-C...ola/59504.html

You would need cross rails to attach it to.

This seems to be a good deal. One question I have is will this cover the moonroof?

Old 12-12-2010, 11:23 AM

That Rola looks awesome, low profile, gonna order one next week.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Default Rola Roof Rack and cargo net

That's exactly what I was looking for and I will buy one today. On a related note, I don't have a sunroof on mine, and I have a strip of lights on the front. That space between the Rola roof rack and the lights might look a little naked. Does positioning the roof rack forward decrease the good lucks or is it even possible? Will it then cause the back to look naked? Any thoughts or am I just overthinking.

Also, anyone have a best cargo net that fits best on the Rola

Old 12-12-2010, 01:27 PM

The Rola basket on mine is positioned to sit just behind the moonroof.
It could be positioned maybe another foot forward. You could try in a few different locations to see what looks best.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:09 PM

Could someone give me a measurement of the Rola on the truck? Either from the roof to the top of the basket or the rail to the top of the basket. Thanks, I'm trying to see if I'll be able to fit in my garage!!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hunner
The Rola with extension is great for a rack you can install and remove by yourself as needed.
It's all welded and looks a great deal like some other branded racks to me.
You could make or use other mounts or use the OEM rails.
Just be sure to measure your garage opening. Mine fits with 285 tires or 315's in a standard 8 foot opening but even better I can have it loaded and get in my shop with a 10' door.
It is also strong and functional when you need it. The price is right, you might as well just get a new one. I have a sunroof and it will fit behind that.
I ran the Mojave Road with a 285 on OEM rim and all my camping gear for 10 days in a waterproof bag on mine.
I have hauled two 315's on beadlock rims up there for 600 miles.
Did you fab or buy that basket mount your cooler is in tow with?? I like your setup! What suspension is that I see red links under that rig? Sorry to hijack but that is a beautiful setup on your H3!

Last edited by cshsrh; 12-13-2010 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: I need a roof rack