PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Need help buying a H3....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 06:42 AM
Default RE: I Need help buys a H3....

Shaun,

Thank you for your service.

I got what I wanted at just below invoice. There is a program called GMID. {GM In the Driveway.} With a GMID code you can get the H3 at apx. invoice or what is referred to as "suppliers price." It's not quite as low as the employee discount but a great deal. We actually got ours just under invoice. Not all dealers accept GMID though. I think I still have the email address of the person I got our GMID code from. The codes are only good for about 3 months though. So you don't want request it until you are sure you are ready to make a purchase. Because once the code has been issued it can't be used by anyone else. If you want to know more about GMID do a search. I used google and found loads of information about it. Not all dealers accept GMID. Those that do can show you the MSRP and supplier price {GMID price} of any vehicle on the lot.

angel

Old 05-03-2006, 01:10 PM

Go Air Force ! I remember how bad the pay was, but the experience was definitely worth it. I'd recommend only getting the "functional" parts when you buy, like the tow package, and the adventure package so you don't have to add a rear locker later (i think it comes with adv pack, but it's stock on mine, so i'm basically writing just to hear myself type). as far as the UC protection and grill guards, the aftermarket stuff is equal or better in quality, and far less expensive to put on yourself. plus, you can do it over time and not have to finance it, making it a better value. there are pros and cons to either method, the bottom line is to make sure that you get as close to what you want from the start, that way you have no regrets. you've got some pretty large wildlife in WY, so i'd look into a pretty strong grill guard, not just one that's there simply to hold the lights. good luck, and thanks for doing what you do.

Old 05-03-2006, 01:18 PM

Find what you want and get the price from the internet (any online eg: cars.com) I got multiple emails from the area dealers back within the hour. If you are handy buy the accessories online (ebay). I have already saved $400+ on just 2 items over dealer price.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:32 PM

Shaun, cool clip... The C130 Gunship is my next job [sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 05-04-2006, 03:59 AM

This is an interesting thread.

Importkiller, you ended up getting your H3 for about $2K to $3K below invoice?

Angel, can the GMID codes be used for ordering an H3, too (instead of one off the lot)?

Michael

Old 05-04-2006, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Michael

Angel, can the GMID codes be used for ordering an H3, too (instead of one off the lot)?

Michael
Yes. And you should mention when ordering that you have and/or plan on using a GMID. So best to make sure you have someone to get a GMID from before ordering.

angel

Old 05-04-2006, 02:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Michael

This is an interesting thread.

Importkiller, you ended up getting your H3 for about $2K to $3K below invoice?

Michael
Don't know what invoice was but I got my h3 for close to $6000 off of the asking price. but I also got raped on the trade so I guess it balanced out in the end.

Old 05-04-2006, 08:31 PM

Okay, once again, just an opinion...

But, I wouldn't put a lot of money down on the vehicle...your money is lost as soon as you hand it over...and your truck depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot...

You would do best (if you are good with money) to leave your money in the bank, gathering interest, while you take a low interest loan to pay off the vehicle...accessories may be $200/$300 off aftermarket but when you take the money you will spend on getting them up front and spread them over 4/5/6 years...it isn't a lot more on your payment...OR if you want, purchase your accessories in cash and finance the rest...you may not end up keeping the vehicle for that long of a period of time either...

It is just better to keep your money in your hands and pay yourself first...

Anyway, just my motto...

By the way, we watched your video - WOW!! Thank you for the work you do for our country. (I have to say, as a female, it was a little "intense" watching it but I know, I know "Get over it! They are terrorists!")

Old 05-05-2006, 06:57 AM

I guess you are going to be stationed at F.E. Warren. I didn't know they had gunships there. I'm retired USAF and was stationed at Ellsworth. Anyway, one of the joys of owning these little gems is buying goodies to put on them. They are easy to install and you get to make friends with your UPS dude/dudette.

Keep 'em flying!

Bill P.

Old 05-05-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Zoomie

I guess you are going to be stationed at F.E. Warren. I didn't know they had gunships there. I'm retired USAF and was stationed at Ellsworth. Anyway, one of the joys of owning these little gems is buying goodies to put on them. They are easy to install and you get to make friends with your UPS dude/dudette.

Keep 'em flying!

Bill P.
I am stationed at Eielson AFB out side of Fairbanks right now. We have F16's and A-10's here. The systems they use is LANTIRN and Pave Penny pods. The gun ships are down in Florida and somewhere else(I dont remember) My buddy I work with has worked on gun ship. I am changing job for four years and my new job is at Warren. It will be a nice break from the Maintenance squadron. You know the one thing I am looking forward to is the fact there is no runway @ Warren, just choppers

As for the Hummer, you guys (and girl ) have given me a bunch of useful advice and ideas... It suck, the closest hummer dealership is about and 8 hour drive. Hopefully I will be taking a drive to Anchorage in a few weeks and I will be able to take one for a test drive and see it in real life.

angelH3, I will most definitely be giving you an email around sept/oct about GMID Thanks!

If you guys/girl would like to see other "interesting" videos do a Google search for "FLIR video"

Thanks
Shaun

Quick Reply: I Need help buying a H3....