PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my H3

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:39 PM

Our turn in Michigan -- in my area, 30 miles outside Detroit, we are supposed to get 11 to 16 inches tonight and tomorrow morning. Can't wait!!!!!

Old 02-01-2011, 12:57 PM

Make sure you turn off the traction controll. I got mine stuck in 2 feet of snow while in 4 high lock. I didn't think to turn off the tc untill it was too late. After some digging and rocking it back and forth I finnaly got out.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:00 PM

I left mine on, no problems in 4 high lock... the traction control only kicked in when I took a turn a little fast and some jackhole had plowed his driveway into the road, about a 3 foot pile. In 4 high open the traction control was kicking in a bit more. Not sure I do enough extreme driving for Airlockers but it is tempting....

Old 02-02-2011, 10:57 AM

found something that stops a hummer 2 feet of snow at the end of my driveway got stuck in 4 low had to dig it out doesnt help i have highway tires on it lol

Old 02-02-2011, 04:37 PM

Only got 8 to 9" where I am at last night. This is the first significant snow that I got to use the Revos in (last winter was cr@p). Really surprised how much better my H3 performs with the Dueler Revos on it vs the cheap OEM Wrangler RTS tires that came on it. No problems today - even in the 2 - 2.5' drifts (many on my street). I am a happy camper. I still want the 16 inch snowfall that was promised.

Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 PM

My wife bought a H3 Alpha with big Mud Terrain Tires & I hate driving my Truck now. Just drive hers, now I want a H2 Truck!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by joewcob3
Only got 8 to 9" where I am at last night. This is the first significant snow that I got to use the Revos in (last winter was cr@p). Really surprised how much better my H3 performs with the Dueler Revos on it vs the cheap OEM Wrangler RTS tires that came on it. No problems today - even in the 2 - 2.5' drifts (many on my street). I am a happy camper. I still want the 16 inch snowfall that was promised.
Yeah, we got about 9" here @ Square Lake Rd. and I-75. I still had to tow some neighbors and friends out of driveways and ditches. Hey, it's all in a days work for our HUMMERs!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM

We got 5 inches of snow last night in Dallas...so we now have 5 inches of snow on top of 2 inches of ice...it's pretty fun driving down the road, we don't get to do this that often.

I got to pull some people out on the trails behind my house where i take the Hummer to get dirty.

Even did a good deed for a guy in a Jeep with a flat tire today...

Old 02-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Lightbulb

These are all very similar experiences to what I encountered last year during the Feb. blizzard. Living in south western PA, we got 27" of snow in about a 24 hour period. The day the snow ended, and before any plowing, my next door neighbor asked if I could drive him to his parents house about 3 miles away. They are in their 90s and he makes sure they take their medications every day. We jumped in the H3 and were driving through 27" of snow with now major issues. 4wd lo and the front and rear lockers engaged was necessary for some of the larger hills. We made it there fine. It is an exceptional vehicle in snow as long as you drive within reason. Any vehicle will slide if you are going to fast...but very few can get moving in the deep stuff.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Default question

maybe a dumb question.... but why do you wan't the traction control off when 4x4ing?

Quick Reply: I love my H3