PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate the h3 seat height

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Default I hate the h3 seat height

First post.

Hello community.
I did a search for this and found only one similar thread that was unresolved. I really like my h3, but the thing that I hate about it may make me get rid of it if I cant find a simple solution....

I hate hate hate, the seat height on all of the seats. Hate it. I feel like Im sitting in a hole. Im 6'6" so my height is not the issue. Everyone that has been in it has complained about the same thing. Short or tall. I think that it is really screwing the amount of room in the interior. I feel as thought when I sit in the thing my butt and my feet are at the same level and my knees are at my ears. It makes me feel like Im in a two seater race car instead of a 4 seater 4 wheel drive. I would commit murder to get the seats to come up a tad. Ive tried spacers, but the way the brackets are bolted its impossible.

I recently went on a road trip with 3 other fairly large guys and it was miserable. We all complained about the same thing. I really dont know why GM mounted them so low.

Short of drastically modifying the seat brackets with a tig welder, I really dont know what else to do. Does anyone know of a place where I can buy a modified seat bracket from or any other suggestions to get the seats to mount higher? I looked into buying a electric driver seat but they are too expensive and it doesnt solve the problem with the other seats either. Im looking for a height increase for every seat. If I could solve this, I would have no complaints with my truck.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:03 PM

Just a thought, but what about a phone book?

Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM

sitting on a phone book doesnt sound very comfortable....

Old 04-27-2010, 02:00 PM

A booster seat might work if you could find one in your size. :P I'm 6'2" and I can honestly say I've never felt that the seat is too low. Even before the 35" tires and leveling the front end, I could look over most of the traffic in front of me that wasn't a f-350 or a van.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:58 PM

i felt the same way in my 2007 adv. with the 2010 alpha power seats i can adjust the seat up and down. no more problem.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:16 PM

what if we wrap some foam and a cloth that matches the seat around the phone book

Old 04-27-2010, 07:17 PM

I have the power seats in mine as well and I have it on the floor. It won't go any lower and it's been that way since I test drove it last year. *shrug*

Old 04-28-2010, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
what if we wrap some foam and a cloth that matches the seat around the phone book

Lol you just wont give up on the use of phone books as boosters.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 AM

Tackett - I know exactly what you are talking about. It's not about seeing over the hood, rather an ergonomics thing. I'm not as tall as you, but I get uncomfortable after a while. I'd prefer to have my knees bent at a 90 degree angle, just like you would be while sitting at a table. In the Hummer, you are kind of reclined (butt lower than knees). I too thought about getting the power seat just for the purpose of tilting the back up to help with the angle. Since the cab is so short (height-wise) you can only go so far. I've got some scrap solid chucks of aluminum that I'm going use to try and fab some sort of risers.

WGW

Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by wgwgoldwing
Tackett - I know exactly what you are talking about. It's not about seeing over the hood, rather an ergonomics thing. I'm not as tall as you, but I get uncomfortable after a while. I'd prefer to have my knees bent at a 90 degree angle, just like you would be while sitting at a table. In the Hummer, you are kind of reclined (butt lower than knees). I too thought about getting the power seat just for the purpose of tilting the back up to help with the angle. Since the cab is so short (height-wise) you can only go so far. I've got some scrap solid chucks of aluminum that I'm going use to try and fab some sort of risers.

WGW
yes! finally.

Yeah it has nothing to do with being able to see or anything. Its simply comfort. Its like sitting in an office chair on the lowest setting. I like having my legs at a 90 degree angle as well. I guess Im going to get drastic and pull the brackets off and weld some spacers to them and remount the seats. Id love to get 2 or 3 more inches.

Quick Reply: I hate the h3 seat height