PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HUMMER'S FUTURE

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Default HUMMER'S FUTURE

We're real interested in buying an H3 like our other post says, but are any of you (and I know you might get a lot of new members asking) worried about Hummer's future of going out of business, being moved overseas, and/or finding it hard to get parts for your Hummer in the future?
I'm just looking for some practical answers on this.
Thanks all

Found this article..thought it was a little interesting...like I said though I don't know too much on this, just general information on the whole GM deal.
http://usedcars.about.com/od/dealorn...sedHummers.htm

Old 01-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Default RE: HUMMER'S FUTURE

well......

i think that GM can make it and survive

Old 01-06-2009, 05:28 AM

There are a lot of vehicles on the road today that are no longer in production. Just because an automobile is no longer being manufacturered doesn't mean it instantly disappears from the streets. That's unless it's a Ford Pinto or something like that.
Who would want a 65 Corvette Split window Coupe, a 57 Chevy or a 68 Mustang Shelby GT?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:37 AM

HUMMER will still be around. GM will either sell it or just reorganize- I can't possibly see them killing the brand a la Oldsmobile. There are a few rumors out right now that tell of a few suitors for the HUMMER brand, among them being AM General. This would be great IMHO, it would be a returning to roots and possibly some of the extra bling would be eliminated to give the brand a more off-road image. Now even if GM decided to do unthinkable and kill the brand parts would still be available for a long time as the H3 and H2 share platforms and motors with other GM vehicles. If anything the H2 would run out of parts first as the GMT800 platform they are based is no longer produced outside of HUMMER.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:33 AM

Many of the Hummer's "insides" are the same as the Chevrolet Tahoe (which GM will definately be keeping). So I'm sure parts will be available, at least mechanical parts, for a long time.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:30 PM

the 65 corvette the rareist corvette ever not made..... i think you were meaning the 63 vette.....i can still buy parts for my71 camaro and my boss has to make or hunt for parts for his 31 Durantte but you can still get stiff for them ....here is something to think about ...how many government contracts does GM have with th us millitary

Old 01-06-2009, 10:34 PM
Default RE: HUMMER'

It just makes me laugh that H2 and H3 people are worried about parts being scarce...its the H1 guys that should be worried. Hummer parts aren't going to be hard to come by for a while and you will still have people to work on them...stop worrying!