PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummers and the enviroment

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM

I'm so sick of people stereo typing people... I would not bash a tree hugged for driving a pos Prius, hate someone cause they like Rap or Rock & Roll or Country.....bottom line if you got nothing nice to say STFU! I agree with others...the poster is a troll trying to stirr up trouble! Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 AM

Well said addict. At least the post got some activity going. I have a friend in Chicago that collects lambos and even though he gets around 8 mpg everyone still drools over his cars. In a sense its too bad everyone got on some band wagon to hate on the hummers, but that cool I feel lucky to have one. Merry Christmas everyone.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:23 PM

I'm with ya guys, what I think is Really Stupid is that clown that has a website (I stumbled across it while surfing about H2's) but he wants people to send in pictures of themself standing by Hummers (any kind I suppose) & giving them the finger! HOW STUPID is that, he must really have a real hatrid of Hummers for some reason I guess. But 2 each his own is the way I feel about it, you leave me alone & I'll leave you alone! jmo

Old 01-05-2012, 07:00 AM

I think of my Hummer as the football team everyone loves to hate just because they win. I hate the packers but it wouldn't be football without a bears packers game you know. Everyone in my circle loves my hummer. I love it. My kids love it. I do take it off road. So as long I enjoy it, right. As far as mileage and the environment, I have a lot of buddies getting the same or worse mileage out of there lifted jeeps and trucks. matter of fact when guys see me on the trails they all want to talk about my H2 and tell me they love seeing it out with them doing the climbs and water crossings.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 AM

Yeah, they sometimes make me sick as well. They say, " your Hummer uses up so much gas...." But this same person will cruise around all day in there 20mpg car and burn up twice the fuel that I did... So who put more emissions into the environment? Some people just need a cause to make themselves feel important... sad but true..

Old 01-07-2012, 12:40 PM

My favorite Hummer story...

When asked, I say my H3T gets 29 mpg. Their jaw drops... how can that be ?

Then I finish with... "Yeah, 29 miles per gallon... 13 in the City... 16 on the highway... that's 29."

I hate to admit this... but I will... the sooner we suck all the oil out of ground and use it as the cheap energy it provides, the sooner people, industry and government will embrace alternatives... because they have to... not because they want to.

Necessity is the mother of invention... let it go to work !

Meanwhile, I'll be driving my Hummer... thank you very much.

Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 AM

I have to shake my head when people make jokes or ask me about my "terrible mileage". I happen to own an H3T with a manual transmission... which gets me awesome mileage

Not really sure why the US website (www.fueleconomy.gov) lists the manual and automatic as getting the same, perhaps the low number that have standard transmissions (less than 4% from what I understand)? It shows the manual as getting 14/18 mpg (or 16.8/13.1 L/100km when you change the viewing parameters) which is wrong.

I can actually beat this above mileage with my truck fairly easily

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-11-2015 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 AM
Banned
Default . the sooner we suck all the oil out of ground

not in your gr grandkids lifetime

jumbo jets will ALWAYS use jet fuel,outta the ground, and i dont see those mfgrs saying they plan to shut down in the next 100,,,

some reports; the earth replentishes oil, keeps making it.
not hard to find info,
meantime cng makes sense,WE HAVE SO MUCH!! should be dirt cheep!

Old 01-09-2012, 07:28 AM

And let's go back to 2003 when the H2 came out. Ya so it gets 10-12 MPG on average, granted some get a little worse maybe some of you guys get a little better. Anyway what trucks where getting great mileage 9 years ago. My buddy have a ford F-150 with the V-6 in it and struggled to get better than 14 in town and that was a little V-6. Pretty much all those fullsize trucks with a 4 speed auto are gas guzzlers. And when the HEMI Ram came out, haha the honest mileage on that truck was not great.
Sometimes it's just plain hard for us lucky Hummer owns.

It's not our fault we are full of WIN. haha