PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is HummerPartsClub safe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Buy your Mom a AAA plus membership and they will come to wherever she is and swap the spare for her. They will not swap the spare off the roof.
AAA is terrible these days and they will not survive the current trends of GPS devices and Fix-A-Flat. It's just a matter of time before Triple A closes their doors and goes Chapter 11. And frankly, I would like to see them go under because they have had it too good for too many years! The party is over for AAA!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by H3Ray
AAA is terrible these days and they will not survive the current trends of GPS devices and Fix-A-Flat. It's just a matter of time before Triple A closes their doors and goes Chapter 11. And frankly, I would like to see them go under because they have had it too good for too many years! The party is over for AAA!
Seriously? Fix-A-Flat? Let me know how that works when you "blow" a tire because of a road hazard, or pick up a nail in your sidewall. F-A-F will only work for a small, slow leak, and even then it's a temporary 50/50 proposition at best. The increasing trend of car manufacturers to equip new vehicles with only F-A-F and small compressor is troubling, and WILL leave people stranded. The practice should be illegal, IMO.

AAA is doing perfectly fine, and in fact the lack of spare tires in new cars today will only increase their business (by requiring an expensive tow instead of a simple tire change). GPS? No one has used AAA for mapping for more than a decade anyway. And fortunately (for AAA), fewer and fewer people know how to make any type of simple roadside repair, nor do they even keep a spare key hidden on the vehicle.

Nope, AAA is in a perfect position to capitalize on the dumbing down of society.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 10-12-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:45 PM

I'll get some pics of the rear plate soon.
It does have a gap at the bottom to allow for air flow. It's extremely heavy duty. It's heavy steel w/ a matte black, textured powder coat.