PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

HUMMER or not to HUMMER?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Default HUMMER or not to HUMMER?

Hello, Im in the market to buy an h2 or sut and I would like to have your input on the differences between years (03-05). I guess im just trying to convince myself that its not a good idea to buy an 03 for one thing (better pricing would be the only reason for 03). I have test driven a few and some feel loose almost in a cheap wornout way. I know they arent but I dont get that solid feel like a new vehicle should. please help me make up my mind on best year and options. thanks

Old 09-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Default RE: HUMMER or not to HUMMER?

I have an 03 and bought it used with 27,000 miles and some warrenty left on it, as far as I can see there are no differences in the looks or design. There are small differences in other areas, some are the introduction of the navigation radio in 2004, different insignias on the steering wheel and the outside mirrors and in 2005 two buttons were added to the drivers door panel that alow all windows to be raised or lowered at the same time. Interior color added Black and exterior colors have been added also I believe the horse power has incressed slightly over the years.

As far as being loose the tie rod, idler and pitman arm design on all years are the same and of poor design. They loosen and cause the front end to wander and also cause uneven tire wear. My Idler and Pitman arms were changed at about 30,000 miles. Tie rod ends are week and if you plan to do any heavy off roading you might want to look into replacing them with a heavy duty set.

All in all I'm happy with mine and really enjoy driving it, I have had it to the dealer for some small problems that they fixed.

Good luck with your search and let us know what you find.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:56 PM

Hi,

I have a 04 and love it, I was looking into a 03 but heard some stories, I heard they had allot of problems, but I have never seen one broke down,
so as I was doing my hunt I found a 04 at a great price so couldnt pass it up, If I were you I would do your research if its price your looking for then go with a 03 because Ive seen some for a really good deal out there, the price will vary from year to year, it will also vary on mileage if your buying used, but if your worried about a used feeling
then just buy new?

just my half penny.

BK

Old 09-03-2006, 02:52 AM

thanks for your help, I found a 05 sut for asking 39900.00. the dealer wants to sell the vehicle and said that they will do what it takes to sell me this vehicle. ( as all salesmen say). the sut is nothing special. I think its a base model. but, its a HUMMER. and a truck at that! any tips on asking for a lower price on this truck. (anyone who knows the ropes on making a good deal).

Old 09-03-2006, 05:49 AM

That's a really good price, almost too good....
I havn't seen an SUT for under 45 in this area.
IF everything checks out(i.e. no hidden problems) and its what u want, i'd jump on it.

I don't see them goin a whole lot lower (if any) on that price though.

good luck!

Old 09-03-2006, 06:12 AM

ORIGINAL: chaja

thanks for your help, I found a 05 sut for asking 39900.00. the dealer wants to sell the vehicle and said that they will do what it takes to sell me this vehicle. ( as all salesmen say). the sut is nothing special. I think its a base model. but, its a HUMMER. and a truck at that! any tips on asking for a lower price on this truck. (anyone who knows the ropes on making a good deal).
That is a SWEET DEAL. And the good part is it's at the Dealership. Make sure to check on the warranty then BUY IT!! It doesn't matter if it's BASE/PLAIN, you can always pick up whatever options you wanted CHEAPER ELSEWHERE

Old 09-04-2006, 03:31 AM

I gotta agree on the price and being a 05, but how many miles are they talking about?

Good deal though, but dont forget to check fleabay, or carmax, for similar year, and make and equate mileage into that,
to get price.

BK

Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 AM

Good deal Chaja as long as the vehicle is in good shape.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:24 PM

Yea I cant believe the price either, here is the web site. But just remember, I saw it first

www.landrovermiramar.com/used.php

I am going to get it soon

Old 09-05-2006, 10:50 PM

Just checked it out. Pretty good deal. Let us know if you get it

Quick Reply: HUMMER or not to HUMMER?